6.5X55 Full Stocked, Stainless Ruger M77 Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ultramag44

Bearcat
A friend of mine got a 6.5X55 Full Stocked, Stainless Ruger M77 Carbine recently, in box, about 99%.

About how many were made? Was this an un-catologed, short run made up for a distributer?

Any idea of value?

Thanks, ultramag44

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Uncatalogued run of 250 made for lipseys. They were produced this year along with 7mm08. Last year or it may have the year before they did a 257 roberts I believe.New in box I got a quote from my dealer for about 700 but online they went for around 850. Some guys were asking a grand but they were not selling. This is a model that will probable be a collectible in years to come. Low production run and the only stainless RSI models made. I wanted to get one but funds were tight and I have enough stuff that never leaves the safe.

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
I got one for around $675 shipped (my dealer owed me, so I got it at his cost) and it's a great rifle. I had my gunsmith float and bed it, relieve the metal forend tip, smooth the action, and jewel the bolt & extractor and it shoots wonderfully. I also removed the rear sight and fitted an NECG peep, making it a nice, light, handy rifle. In fact, I like it so much for roaming the woods that I'm now thinking about getting rid of one of my Frontiers.

broknaxl

Bearcat
Trey - did you get the 6.5? I was looking at those on Gunbroker. I was torn between the 6.5 or 7mm 08 - then I saw the .257 Roberts. Well I ended up not getting one, but I do like the full stock.

vol423

Bearcat
I have a stainless No 1 with wood stock in 6.5X55 from Lipseys. It shoots nice and it has a real long throat. I've only shot 140s in it to date but I'll have to try some long bullets that I have squirreled away.

Desert Dawg

Bearcat
What makes it a carbine?

Any pics handy?

Someone wrote about the 6.5 x 55 round a while back and was of the opinion it was one of the better ones.

I have a very nice Swiss Mauser in this caliber and it's a pleasure to shoot.

Trey Whitley

Single-Sixer
broknaxl":33uv099q said:
Trey - did you get the 6.5? I was looking at those on Gunbroker. I was torn between the 6.5 or 7mm 08 - then I saw the .257 Roberts. Well I ended up not getting one, but I do like the full stock.
When the first "run" came out in 257 I ordered one, only to have it show up with a broken stock. Since it was a limited issue I couldn't find a replacement (plus I really wanted one in 338 Federal or 358 Winchester).

The batch was delayed, so the 6.5 x 55 and 7mm-08 were available at the same time. After buying my boys a Frontier in 7mm-08 I've learned to love that caliber, but heard so many great things about the 6.5 x 55 that I ended up buying it. A traditional caliber for a traditional full-stocked rifle, I guess.

Desert Dawg- ignoring all the arguments about what is and isn't a carbine, I guess you could consider this (and any other RSI) a carbine due to the 18 1/2 inch barrel length.