6.5 CM re-zeroed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

One of the tasks necessary for the NM elk hunt was to do a thorough bore cleaning and re-zero of my 6.5 CM( the only rifle I have which I can handle with my injured hands). Son and Grandson came to the house for a lunch break in today's deer hunt and had a few minutes before heading back out. We trundled out to the bench and Son did the shooting. All that was required was 4 clicks down--easy enough.
This was the first time Son had shot this rifle and it seems he liked it as he went back in the house and filled the magazine saying he was taking it for a test run on this evening's hunt. I've not used this specific ammo so some bullet testing is in order but today wasn't a good day for that. I have no doubt the ammo is adequate for deer but it will be interesting to see how it fares if the opportunity arises.

krw

Blackhawk
If I were going to NM elk hunting, I would get a good 100 yd zero. Then I woukd get on JBM ballistics and fill in the info and run a traj chart off to around 650 yds
Then I would change to info to NM (elev, temp, humidity) conditions and run the same chart off to 800 yds
Bullets fly more efficiently out there.

contender

Ruger Guru
He's been elk hunting more than once. And successful too. I'm sure he knows what to do & how to do it. This year is a little different due to his injuries. But he's a tough gentleman, who knows how to do it right.

shoot to thrill

Single-Sixer
One of the tasks necessary for the NM elk hunt was to do a thorough bore cleaning and re-zero of my 6.5 CM( the only rifle I have which I can handle with my injured hands). Son and Grandson came to the house for a lunch break in today's deer hunt and had a few minutes before heading back out. We trundled out to the bench and Son did the shooting. All that was required was 4 clicks down--easy enough.
This was the first time Son had shot this rifle and it seems he liked it as he went back in the house and filled the magazine saying he was taking it for a test run on this evening's hunt. I've not used this specific ammo so some bullet testing is in order but today wasn't a good day for that. I have no doubt the ammo is adequate for deer but it will be interesting to see how it fares if the opportunity arises.

Attachments

• 3-DD6521-D-A439-49-FF-BE27-EFF460-C70020.jpg
    3-DD6521-D-A439-49-FF-BE27-EFF460-C70020.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 4HgCPE.jpg
    4HgCPE.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 0ccZcoK.jpg
    0ccZcoK.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts