50th year 10-22 prices ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ said:
FYI all 10/22s made this year have the 50th logo on the bolt. The only true 50th anniversary rifle is the one that won their contest. Don't overpay.

10/22's have sold the most out of any .22 carbine and are awesome rifles ^^^ as he said ^^^ it's still just another plain ole' 10/22 with a .50 cent logo. Don't overpay, unless you're into that stuff.

jbowjm

Single-Sixer
Apparantly ,I didn't make myself clear . I'm not interested in the composite stocked rifle that won the contest . I have found a walnut international stocked , stainless 10-22 with the anniversary script on the receiver and the bolt & I'm wondering if dealers are hiking their prices a bit . I have read that all 10-22s made in 2014 will have these markings but this is the first I've seen, so I can't say for sure .

Shooter III

Single-Sixer
jbowjm said:
Apparantly ,I didn't make myself clear . I'm not interested in the composite stocked rifle that won the contest . I have found a walnut international stocked , stainless 10-22 with the anniversary script on the receiver and the bolt & I'm wondering if dealers are hiking their prices a bit . I have read that all 10-22s made in 2014 will have these markings but this is the first I've seen, so I can't say for sure .

Dude, I totally understood you ! So, one more time, all I am saying is don't overpay for a wee-bit of scripting.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
jbowjm said:
What are the stainless international aniversary rifles selling for ? Anybody seen one yet ?

Seen the 10/22 you have described, asking price was $389.00,,don't know if it sold or not. FWIW I bought a plain 10/22RB 50TH for 210.00 the other day.
Best,
Terry

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Personally, the change of roll mark and the etching on the bolt doesn't add a thing to the value. Some will see these as something fantastically wonderful and a sure value security feature. Yup, just like the other over produced specials, these will see just WAYYYY too many to ever have any amount of collectability or value enhancing aspect.
Already seen a couple of these etched bolts selling for 2x - 3x what an unscrathced one does. Crazy. hen again… A fool and his money... :lol:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
jbowjm said:
What are the stainless international aniversary rifles selling for ? Anybody seen one yet ?

Hard to tell if you knew the deal with the logo, etc by your post so just trying to help. It looks like any 10/22 made
This year will be called an Anniversary model, like the '76s are called Liberties. Generally new 10/22s should be 20-25% below MSRP. Some dealers are going to make a few extra bucks from the logo.

Considering Ruger is pumping out about 2000-2400 10/22 units per day....the 50th anniversary rollmark us not going to bring long term added value IMHO....it may only if there are very limited model configurations built this year...that may affect pricing down the road but for this year,..I would not pay one dollar extra for a model with the anniversary markings...YMMV

single action

Single-Sixer
the local gun store usually sell their Ruger guns 20 percent below MSRP, that will give you a thumbnail on the price based on msrp minus the 20 percent. MSRP 350 selling price would be 279.99 hope this is helpful. s/a

chet15

Hawkeye
Nh Rugerman said:
Considering Ruger is pumping out about 2000-2400 10/22 units per day....the 50th anniversary rollmark us not going to bring long term added value IMHO....it may only if there are very limited model configurations built this year...that may affect pricing down the road but for this year,..I would not pay one dollar extra for a model with the anniversary markings...YMMV

Yes...agreed. Its hard enough finding anybody who wants to pay a premium for a 1 of 5000 stainless signature auto, let alone the 300,000 to 500,000 50th Anniversary 10/22's that Ruger is expected to make this year.
Somebody is sure to collect them though this year, but they probably won't be paying premiums either.
Chet15