50TH Bearcat Want List

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
:cry: I'm on pins and needles!!! :cry:
Two parts to the story but will try to be brief.

Sometime back I asked for photo's of cowboy shooters in their garb. I was interested in authentic type 1800's Victorian period clothing for sometimes daily wear.Some members were very helpful. I decided that, since I needed a new suit, I would buy one of the suits offered by one of the various SASS/CAS sellers and would also buy some pants/shirts for everyday use.....but only after I got my #139 Bearcat.
Months and months no hint of my number anywhere. I knew it had been produced and shipped in May of '08 so someone else got my gun! :cry: I gave up.
Bought my Victorian Period clothing.
Was at my pushers Thursday and she made more calls, after making many other calls in the past 6 mo or so. Guess what. My gun had been sent to a retailer 50 miles from me. Of course it had been sold.....Oh, the pain!
That retailer is gonna contact the person he sold it to and see if they will be willing to work out something on another Bearcat or something else. Sure hope that's legal. I've had dealers contact me about guns I'd bought from them.

WWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH I done spent my money on the clothes! :shock:

It would be funny if it weren't so devastatin'!

Daddy always told me I kept too many irons in the fire!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Col. Daddy,

I did a deal like that and, lucky me, the gun's owner hadn't gotten around to shooting the thing.....

89556884.jpg

Here's the original .357 and the really lucky find of the 50th Anniv. .357 s/n 00636!

flatgate

PS Yes, I also ended up with the 50th Anniv. .44 s/n 00636 :D

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Col. Daddy,
Looks like you might have to pick up the Bearcat
Naked!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sell the duds and get the Cat.
Good luck to you! Hope it works out. :wink:
Terry
PS;- Still looking for #781

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Carl, if only I could be so lucky!!!!!! It's all happening too fast, now. We have a trip planned to pick up our granddaughter in a few days and everything is piling in on me at once! Looks like I might have to ask Mama Col. Daddy ifn I can borrow the money from her.
Course, he might be willing to trade it for #138 Flattop Anniversary .357 and some boot, but I want to keep that one with #139 .357 Anniversary!

Actually, #139 is not "my" number. It has been my understanding, thanks to a certain person 8) that 139 is not a subscription number. I just happen to have a couple of them. #138 .357 Anniversary Flattop came from the estate of that number holder by way of a Forum member.

If things are this complicated for this little puppy, how in the world do the big dogs handle it? :roll:

chet15

Hawkeye
SteveRuger":2ugq3ujt said:
I am still looking for #50 to go with all of my other #50 Guns.
Thanks for any help.

You must've missed one somewhere along the way :shock: , the 1971 issue Super Bearcat rests comfortably alongside its #91-00051 twin.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
Terry,
I wish you hadn't posted the auction for #224. I have #223. Now I'll have nightmares about it 'cause I can't afford it right now,,,,!

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Anniversary Bearcat #SB-00139 HAS BEEN LOCATED and the owner has stated his price. I am willing to meet it, and him in a Face to Face deal, tho somewhat higher than had I purchased the gun from a shop. I feel the owner has a right to a small profit. It has not been removed from the packaging except to check the serial # and it remains unturned (except of course for it's factory test).
It should all come together this week! :D
Guess maybe this little puppy that stays on the porch most of the time is on a roll.......in the past month, first of all, visited with my granddaughter who lives in another state, found the pants with no belt loops like I wanted, purchased one of those highly desirable Hank Williams Jr Buck Knives and have had wonderful PM's from lots of RF Members about it, and getting the #139 Anniv Bearcat! Visiting and keeping our grandaughter for a couple of weeks has been a thrill! Add the other things, I'm really tickled!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: