50TH Anniversary Superblackhawk wantlist

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LarryH

Single-Sixer
OH SO CLOSE!
Found a 50th Super BlackHawk with serial # 861 but not the 859 or 828 that I really want. Anyone have any leads on either 828 or 859? 50th Birthday is a few short days would like to have found either by then.
Thanks,
LarryH

IMHO! :oops: I feel Ruger Missed the boat on the 50Th Anniversary Super Blackhawk as far as promoting it & Showing the Public about the Special Addition, Before the NRA Show I asked Ruger several times thru my channels & other channels for a Press kit or anything they had to promote the Super, Nothing! They showed a picture on the website! That was it NO flyers, Nothing, until I saw there Catalogue it showed a small dark picture with a small write up on it.
I still have not seen a advertisement in a gun magazine! If ANYONE has please let me know! I walked into Scheels Gun Dept. in Great Fall Montana & there was a 50th Super & the Sales Clecks Knew very little about it & it was on the bottom shelf with the Standard handguns (Ruger's) on the top two shelfs. Go Figure! Ruger Promoted & Advertised all the other 50th's Anniversary's alot. J/S

flatgate

Hawkeye
SBH4628":7fx2ql3x said:
I have #153 It seemed open and fired when I got it new :idea:

Ruger does indeed test fire all their guns. I've also encountered individual dealers whom think it's a good idea to "test" all the new arrivals.

153? Ooh, that's close..... here's 158..... :D

12471545.jpg

and it's DEFINITELY been tested a time or two!

flatgate

SBH4628

Blackhawk
SBH4628":2enppbw4 said:
I have #153 It seemed open and fired when I got it new :idea:
Sorry flatgate I meant SB-00153 But Im sure #158 could tell a few stories Thanks for sharing :D

ewayte

Bearcat
chet15":305v5acb said:
Has anybody seen a 50th Anniversary Super with the eagle logo on the rear sight?
Chet15

541 has the eagle on the rear sight.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
SteveRuger":2b474345 said:
IMHO! :oops: I feel Ruger Missed the boat on the 50Th Anniversary Super Blackhawk as far as promoting it & Showing the Public about the Special Addition, Before the NRA Show I asked Ruger several times thru my channels & other channels for a Press kit or anything they had to promote the Super, Nothing! They showed a picture on the website! That was it NO flyers, Nothing, until I saw there Catalogue it showed a small dark picture with a small write up on it.
I still have not seen a advertisement in a gun magazine! If ANYONE has please let me know! I walked into Scheels Gun Dept. in Great Fall Montana & there was a 50th Super & the Sales Clecks Knew very little about it & it was on the bottom shelf with the Standard handguns (Ruger's) on the top two shelfs. Go Figure! Ruger Promoted & Advertised all the other 50th's Anniversary's alot. J/S
The other 50th Anniversaries seemed to do pretty well. Seems ruger just fell off the boat on this one!
I drew 3 aces with #139 Anniversary. Doesn't look like I'll draw the 4th :cry:

chet15

Hawkeye
thunder23js":7x8bj7h9 said:
Chiming in late but I just picked up my new 50th #01647. Waited a long time to get it and I couldn't be happier!!!!

That's the highest I've had reported so far.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Needed to bump this one. Saw serial number SB-01510 at the last Des Moines 4H building show and it had the second line of the Warning rollmark in the same font size as the top line of the rollmark. All other "earlier" anniversary guns seen so far have the bottom line with a larger font size.

What's the highest number anybody has with the larger font size on the bottom line???
Chet15

thunder23js

Bearcat
Chet mine has what appears to be a larger font on the bottom, SB-01647. Although it seems only marginally larger, maybe just a different font type?

chet15

Hawkeye
Hey...that's the highest serial number I have reported. As such, there's a possibility you may have the last gun built.
The addresses with the bottom line in a different font are very noticeably larger than the top line. Its like the word NEWPORT stretches across a good portion of the top line. This was the first address rollmark with NEWPORT instead of Southport. Then Ruger changed their Warning rollmark to one where both lines were the same font size.
But the first NEWPORT with large font is very noticable. Please let me know for sure if you feel it is the first or 2nd type address.
Chet15

parashoot

Bearcat
:lol: On my Super Blackhawk 50th Anniversary 44 Magnum,the serial number is SB-00049.I like to think it reminds me of the year Sturm/Ruger started in business 1949.By the way it's a safe queen.

parashoot said:
:lol: On my Super Blackhawk 50th Anniversary 44 Magnum,the serial number is SB-00049.I like to think it reminds me of the year Sturm/Ruger started in business 1949.By the way it's a safe queen.

Serial # SB-00050 was on display in Tulsa in November! Once owned by Bill Ruger's Grand Daughter Victoria.

hutchman

Blackhawk
I ordered one of these today. Lipsey's has them on sale for a dealer cost of $525. Seemed like time to get one considering the recent price increase on their other products.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
SteveRuger said:
parashoot said:

Serial # SB-00050 was on display in Tulsa in November! Once owned by Bill Ruger's Grand Daughter Victoria.

SN 49 may have been released to the general distribution. At one time, it was in the Subscription PGM and belonged to the owner of Jerry's Sports South, as I recall........... 8)