50th Anniversary Blackhawk Flattop - Price?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Greebe

Single-Sixer
I was at a gun shop today looking for Blackhawks and saw a 50th Anniversary Blackhawk in .357. It is new and the fit and finish is very nice. I don't own any .357's but am considering it as it was a nice little gun. I liked the smaller frame size and the 4 5/8 barrel.

What do you guys think that these are worth new? Is $475 a decent price or should I pass. I really was wanting to find a used .45colt to make into a short barrel, but that 50th was pretty nice. Plus it might be fun to play around with a .357

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Greebe

BlkHawk73

Hunter
High to me. CDNN had some recently. Try a search and you'll find what they were selling for.

dipper

Bearcat
CDNN has them for $359.99.... I think $475 is way high.
I have one,very nice revolver.

Greebe

Single-Sixer
Hey thanks guys. I tried looking at their site but it says for dealers only. Maybe I am looking at the wrong site. Could you guys post a link to where you are seeing this.

Thanks
Greebe

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
You have to call CDNN for pricing, and then it has to be shipped to your local dealer. Between shipping and FFL fees, you're probably looking at another $50 or so.

So, if you can convince the local dealer to drop his price down to about $425 or so, you'll still be paying a little more for a CDNN gun but not too much, and you'll get to hand-inspect it first for "birth defects".

dipper

Bearcat
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

You have to download the catalog, but I noticed it says " call for price"..... I have the latest catalog in front of me and the price is in the catalog, I paid $379.99 for mine when I ordered it....catalog says $359.99 now.
If you want one, just call them and order one.
800-588-9500.

dipper

Bearcat
JimMarch1":1x4ovdyp said:
You have to call CDNN for pricing, and then it has to be shipped to your local dealer. Between shipping and FFL fees, you're probably looking at another $50 or so.

So, if you can convince the local dealer to drop his price down to about $425 or so, you'll still be paying a little more for a CDNN gun but not too much, and you'll get to hand-inspect it first for "birth defects".

Shipping and fees added $40.00 on to CDNN's price when I purchased mine...so, if I wanted another one, I would be right at $400.00 from CDNN.... tell the local dealer to match that.

JimMarch1

Blackhawk
Maybe. The ability to hand-inspect it is worth $25 to me. Could save a lot of hassle down the road. And a local dealer has a building he's got to feed...

101VooDoo

Single-Sixer
Bought one of the .44 anniversary models (from CDNN) last month. Price was $369, with shipping and handling it was $387 out the door.

Nicest Ruger I've ever bought. Fit and finish were great, trigger breaks at 3lb 12oz. NIB clean-up .44 Vaquero I bought from Schells just before Xmas breaks at 5lb 4oz.

Jim

yessir, got the latest 'Gun Digest, the magazine yesterday and CDNN had a couple of full page ads for much MORE selections.....they had to buy a bunch, and from what we heard thats exactly what they do, buy off the entire remainder of inventory from different makers.....oh well, free enterprise at its finest...nice to have the capital to do just that.........pass the savings on to their 'dealers'..................

Greebe

Single-Sixer
For some reason my last post isn't showing up. Anyways I don't thing I could get him down that low. I would give him $425 out the door, but like I said I doubt that would happen. I think I will just go look at the next gun show and see if I can find a used .45Colt Blackhawk that I can do some customizing on.

Thanks
Greebe

AKGrouch

Bearcat
Talked to Ken at CDNN today and got the current prices.......44 mag - $369. .357 mag - $359. Both in presentation case with matching ser #'s are $789......hmmmmm Do I do it to get a shooter? Or do I just shoot my legit flattop .44 (shooter quality) and flattop .357 (crispy)? I just hate it when I have to decide like this....Especially since I lean toward the 2 gun set, but then, I wouldn't want to fire em probably.......

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
i bought the .357 and then the .44 anniv models from CDNN over the course of about a year. great prices and service. love the .357, havent shot the .44 yet

hutchman

Blackhawk
I have a matched set and an extra 357 shooter. I am trying to put together the money for another 44 mag. If the tax man is not too hard on my I may pull the trigger...........so to speak.

rug357

Bearcat
CDNN still has them for $359 and $369.
I got the 357Mag two months ago from CDNN and it came to $405 OTD.
It has since become my favorite "fun" gun.
DSC_8401-1.jpg