50th 41

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BluedMoon

Bearcat
Does anyone believe that Ruger will come out with a 50th anniversary 41 magnum Blackhawk next year (OK, in 2015 but we'd probably at least learn about it next year)?

Since they did the 357 and the 44, I almost believe that the 50th 41 would be in the cards... But since the numbers (sales) would certainly be much smaller for a 41, I wonder if this might be an anniversary that they skip.

I'm "kinda / sorta" in the market for Blackhawk 41... But if I had a good feeling that they would be coming out with a 50th anniversary 41 in 2015 I would probably hold out until then.

What do you think?

Rodfac

Blackhawk
I've got one of the limited runs of .41 Magnums in the Flat Top configuration, and it's a tack driver. Ruger would be doing themselves a favor by bringing it out as they did the 50th .357, and .44's. To be honest, I'd really like to see it in the 4-5/8" barrel length...far easier to tote around than the longer 6-1/2".

Here's a pic of mine, with a pair of rosewood grips, I made up for it. Best Regards, Rod

Sugar River

Buckeye
If they brought out a 50th 41 on the intermediate (357) size flat top frame, I'd be all over it.
Unfortunately, if they do it, I'm sure it will be on the large (44) frame like the William's shooter supply run from a couple years ago.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, if they do bring out a 50th Anniv gun for the 41,, it should be like the original,, with a little embelishment. Kinda like what they did for the 50th SBH.

DonD

Single-Sixer
Rodfac said:
Thanks for the kind words, Srb08 & Chuck. I had good wood to work with...Rod

Very nice indeed. More than good wood, you obviously have tools and skills to make it happen. Don

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
DO yourself a favor, don't wait for a special edition. Buy one now then you will have all the more reason to by a 50th Edition if it happens because you will be thoroughly hooked on the 41 and won't be able to sleep with out the "special One". On the other hand if the Special Edition does not happen you won't have wasted a year waiting on it just to end up with a "regular" one anyway.

snappy

Single-Sixer
Chuckbuster said:
DO yourself a favor, don't wait for a special edition. Buy one now then you will have all the more reason to by a 50th Edition if it happens because you will be thoroughly hooked on the 41 and won't be able to sleep with out the "special One". On the other hand if the Special Edition does not happen you won't have wasted a year waiting on it just to end up with a "regular" one anyway.

I agree with Chuckbuster. Why deprive yourself of a year of loving the .41 Blackhawk? :wink: There are recent flat top .41 Blackhawks with steel xr3 grip frame in 4 & 5/8" out there now...

bishopm14

Bearcat
The 50th anniversary really does call for a stainless, 5.5 inch, non flat top, fluted cylinder variant.

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
A 50th anniversary Stainless Steel 5.5 barrel, Bisley, ivory grips, 41 magnum. Ruger has made runs like this for Accusport & Williams, why not the rest of us?

chet15

Hawkeye
Ruger's announcement of the .41 Blackhawk was actually with a 4/64 dated catalog, so 2014 should be the 50th Anniversary for that.
Speaking of 1964 with its announcement, I've always been curious as to what such a .41 Blackhawk would like like in April 1964, or the prototype of one. Regular production didn't come out until January 1965 I believe, so did Ruger build a .41 prototype on the smaller size .357 frame? I have seen pictures of the .41 Blackhawk announcement in various gun mags that show the serial number being 42691 and in a 4-5/8" barrel, but we all suspect that to be an airbrushed pic of the first protected sight .357 Blackhawk.
Chet15

smith1961

Blackhawk
The Blackhawk Kid said:
A 50th anniversary Stainless Steel 5.5 barrel, Bisley, ivory grips, 41 magnum. Ruger has made runs like this for Accusport & Williams, why not the rest of us?

I'd buy one for sure! :mrgreen:

Latest posts