5 new SKU's for the Ruger Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
Ruger just released 5 new versions of the Redhawk, all with 2 piece barrels and shrouds. Three are 44 magnums, with 7.5", 5.5", and 4.2" barrels. The others are a 357 and a 45 Colt/45 ACP if I read the photo right. They are listed on Ruger's website under Redhawks. I guess Dan Wesson had a good idea back when he introduced this concept. Bob! :D

DeltaRose

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
I guess Dan Wesson had a good idea back when he introduced this concept. Bob! :D

I believe Dan Wesson adopted this to allow for interchangeability of barrels. I think Ruger is adopting this for ease of manufacturing. Just my guess....

rangerbob

Buckeye
Delta Rose, you are quite right. That's why S&W uses the same system. It is lighter, faster, more precise, and most importantly, less expensive. Bob! :D

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
The Redhawk .41 magnum with 2.75" and 4.2" barrels are also shroud and sleeve.

djw54

Single-Sixer
SteelBlue said:
The Redhawk .41 magnum with 2.75" and 4.2" barrels are also shroud and sleeve.

I see that they are only offering the .41 in these two lengths, but are still showing both barrel types. Also, the .41s are only shown as Davidson's exclusives. Sure would like to see that blued 5.5" offered in .41.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I love my Redhawk but I wonder if they have done anything, considering the new models, about the heavy trigger pull?

gunzo

Hunter
Jimbo357mag said:
I love my Redhawk but I wonder if they have done anything, considering the new models, about the heavy trigger pull?

And break tradition?