5 1/2" 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AkRay

Single-Sixer
I bought one of these the other day. I thought I'd replace a nearly identical blue one I sold 4 or 5 years ago. That was one in just about new condition that I got for $175.00. When I sold it, I thought that "Ruger 22 pistols are everywhere and it will be easy to replace." I've thought that about more than one gun, and they haven't been so easy to replace. About a year and a half ago I bought a Ramline Syntech thinking that it had possibilities. It turned out to be a plastic piece of junk, jamming every 3 or 4 shots of its 15 rd magazines.

I noticed this 22/45 as part of a package deal and contacted the seller to see if he'd sell the pistol by itself, and if so for how much? He callled me back and said a couple hundred would be good. This gun is just as I remember the first one, with the bull barrel, target sights, plastic case and just about everything that came with it from the factory. The only condition issue is some bluing wear on one side of the barrel, but that's not a problem. After looking it over, I happily gave the man $200.00. I went to the range right after I bought it, and it went through about a half box of ammo that was all I had with me without a hiccup. I think it's a good one.

9x19

Hunter
I like the 22/45 quite a lot... but I do prefer the tapered barrels (better balance in my hands). These two are my favorites:

Ruger 22/45 Std 4 5/8" with an LPA adjustable rear sight
2245AS.jpg

Ruger 22/45 Target 5.25"
KP514.jpg