.480 & .454 #1's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Any heard any news as to when these chamberings in the #1 are to actually become available? heck, I'd like another small run of the 9.3x74R as well.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I emailed Ruger last week about these. I was told they could not tell me when production would start and to check back in a month. To busy building the new overpriced black rifle to take care of us loyal Ruger customers that want to buy a real gun :roll:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
yeah, it does make sense with those new SR556 surely having more consumer interest than the handgun cartridged #1's do. I really don't see these #1's having a huge demand. No hurry - I'm patient.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Much as I despise the big X-frames, I'd love to see them build a #1 in .500S&W. Especially if they do a lighter barrel contour.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
mike7mm08":6c13awgo said:
I emailed Ruger last week about these. I was told they could not tell me when production would start and to check back in a month. To busy building the new overpriced black rifle to take care of us loyal Ruger customers that want to buy a real gun :roll:

Yea, imagine Ruger selling thousands of SR-556s when there are guys that will buy a couple hundred 454 or 480 Ruger #1s. How silly for Ruger to forget the niche market :lol:

I just wish Ruger would share production numbers...

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Quarterbore":29qikri2 said:
mike7mm08":29qikri2 said:

Yea, imagine Ruger selling thousands of SR-556s when there are guys that will buy a couple hundred 454 or 480 Ruger #1s. How silly for Ruger to forget the niche market :lol:

I just wish Ruger would share production numbers...

If it was'nt for the niche market Ruger would not be the company it is today.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
There would not be all the variations that make collecting them fun, that is for certain and when you make dozens of variations of the same gun there is a better chance you get people to buy more then if they only made one model.

But, it would be interesting to compare say all the Ruger #1s to say all of the Colt AR-15s made and compare the production numbers. And it is easier to mass produce the Colt AR-15 then the Ruger #1 and the AR-15 is cheaper too.

Now, yea, the SR-556 model they ave now is more expensive but remember you are not comparing apples to apples anymore then comparing your Ruger #1 to my T/C Contender which is also a capable single shot :wink:

I personally wish Ruger would start shipping the SR-556 as I really want to get one and give it a try and I have a safe full of other AR-15s and really have no need for "just another AR-15" but this is not "just another AR-15" and I want one (or two :lol: ).

chet15

Hawkeye
Yea, why is that? Ruger had at least 13,000 of them built before NRA. How come they're not shipping right now???
Chet15

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
I do know that a few of the Number 1 .475 Linebaugh/.480 Ruger guns have shipped. I have been shooting one a bit for a few days now.

SHOOTER

Buckeye
Ruger would sell TONs of #1's dedicated to big bore handguns. 480,44,500 etc.....
Jeff tell them!

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
SHOOTER":2bt88oqx said:
Ruger would sell TONs of #1's dedicated to big bore handguns. 480,44,500 etc.....
Jeff tell them!

They are building the .475/.480 now. If the market responds well, we will get more. If not, they won't build what doesn't sell. Some kind of crazy "profit" scheme they have going! :)

Manufacturers listen to buyers more than they do writers. Let them know what guns you want to buy.

picketpin

Buckeye
It will be interesting just how many guys that swear that the only reason they have nevr purchased a #1 was that it just wasn't available in a pistol/revolver cartridge to match their BlackHawk or Uberti, are now going to run out and spend $800 - $1000 on a rifle that they have had zero interest in before.

I do note that none of the pistol/revolver cartridges are currently listed on the Ruger web site.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
picketpin":h9ni57p5 said:
I do note that none of the pistol/revolver cartridges are currently listed on the Ruger web site.

Hmmmm..I see 'em listed there. :) I want one but again, bad timing as far as availability and finances go at the moment. :lol:

picketpin

Buckeye
I stand corrected, there are two of them listed. If it were me and I wanted one I'd find he funds because in my personal, and it is only my personal opinion they won't sell enough to be here long.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Jeff Quinn":2h664bpn said:
I do know that a few of the Number 1 .475 Linebaugh/.480 Ruger guns have shipped. I have been shooting one a bit for a few days now.

Did you get it from a retailer? Where??? :?: :?: :?:

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
mohavesam":2aur9qen said:
Jeff Quinn":2aur9qen said:

Did you get it from a retailer? Where??? :?: :?: :?:

I ordered mine directly from Ruger.

Latest posts