475 Linebaugh

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
It looks great!

I fired a Freedom Arms version last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't "knock me over"..... :D

flatgate

dougader

Hunter
Beautiful gun. Just beautiful. When I see custom work like this I pine like an old boy missin his girl. 8)

Vanilla Gorilla

Bearcat
How much did work like that run?

I'm acquiring a stainless 4 5/8 .357 soon and thinking of doing some work to it. I like that very much.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
very nice workmanship.

My shooting buddy and I went to the range a week or so ago. He brought his .460 Smith and his Ruger .454, and I had my .500 Linebaugh. We had a good time. Yeah, I'll keep my Linebaugh; fantastic gun, fantastic gun-builder, nice guy. I have talked to John Gallagher on the phone and by email. I suspect I'll try one of his fine creations one of these days.
Sonnytoo

dougader

Hunter
WendyZXZ":153uyn84 said:
Beautiful, but way too much gun for me!

A gal has to know her limitations to paraphrase Dirty Harry.

Awww, you could do up a 50 Special and handle it just fine.

I don't like the big recoil that comes with the big bruisers, either, but a big bore doesn't have to bite back.

Even John Taffin has backed off from the big recoiling guns, choosing to shoot lighter loads over the full power stuff.

My hands and wrists can't take much more than a heavy 45 Colt or 44 mag these days.

dougader":2dmzwdq6 said:
WendyZXZ":2dmzwdq6 said:
Beautiful, but way too much gun for me!

A gal has to know her limitations to paraphrase Dirty Harry.

Awww, you could do up a 50 Special and handle it just fine.

I don't like the big recoil that comes with the big bruisers, either, but a big bore doesn't have to bite back.

Even John Taffin has backed off from the big recoiling guns, choosing to shoot lighter loads over the full power stuff.

My hands and wrists can't take much more than a heavy 45 Colt or 44 mag these days.

.44 Magnum is my limit of being OK, that is more than I care for, my brother has one. I shoot it at times to remind myself why I like the .357 Magnum. ;)