454 recipe?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bfm1851

Bearcat
Well now that I have my SRH shooting (somewhat) I need to load up something to shoot. I have 250gr XTP and 300XTP bullets with 2400, 110 and titegroup powders. From what I have found to date the 300gr is well suited for this monster and lots of people are using 110 powder. Also read where there have been a bunch of problems with same in squib loads.
I have only been able to find a couple of loads using 110 under 300gr XTP bullets and was wondering if any of you had one that works well for you. I understand that what wroks in your gun my not in mine but there does not seem to be a lot of room between min and max with this load.
What have you guys been using?

Bucks Owin

Hunter
bfm1851 said:
From what I have found to date the 300gr is well suited for this monster and lots of people are using 110 powder. Also read where there have been a bunch of problems with same in squib loads.
I have only been able to find a couple of loads using 110 under 300gr XTP bullets and was wondering if any of you had one that works well for you. I understand that what wroks in your gun my not in mine but there does not seem to be a lot of room between min and max with this load.
What have you guys been using?

I don't own a .454 Casull, but use W296 extensively in .357, 44 mag and 45LC loads and have never had a squib with it ever. (And I use WLP primers rather than CCI350 which some think is mandatory) Be sure to crimp firmly.
H110 and W296 data can be used interchangeably...

Check here: :wink: http://www.handloads.com/loaddata/default.asp?Caliber=454%20Casull&Weight=All&type=Handgun&Order=Powder&Source=