45 Sheriff?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xman9282

Single-Sixer
Just out of curiosity. If I send you a bh 45 colt bird head for the sheriff treatment how much would it cost me. I have followed your work for a while and love every one of them Even bought a 1877 colt frame for my own bellygun but it doesn't fit

Sharps40

Buckeye
The original Colt 1877 Lightning grip frame won't fit a ruger without some work, lots probably and the NC Ordnance/GunGrips Brass Lightning grip frames almost always need some fitting....at least in my experience. As for the work, that'll be up to you. I'm no gunsmith.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
xman9282 said:
Just out of curiosity. If I send you a bh 45 colt bird head for the sheriff treatment how much would it cost me. I have followed your work for a while and love every one of them Even bought a 1877 colt frame for my own bellygun but it doesn't fit

True, and it would be out of proportion to the larger Ruger frame anyway. Best bet is a Cimarron Lightning.
http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/products/revolvers/cartridge-revolvers/lightning-model-p-jr.html

Proper proportion, most authentic shape and made of steel. Can be blued, brass plated, or polished like stainless steel. Yes, the 3 rear trigger guard screw holes need a little relocating to fit the Ruger screw pattern.

This Ruger 22 Birdshead grip frame is going bye bye in favor of the Cimarron Lightning sized birdshead.

orig.jpg