.45 Multi cal Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I bought a .45 Colt Redhawk last year about this time. It's a 4.2" barrel .45 Colt with the Hogue Bantam grips. Well, as everyone knows, Ruger brought out the same gun with a round butt and moon clips just recently. Anyway, as some other owners have done, I had my gun modified to use the usual S&W 1917 style moon clip by my local LE armorer and good buddy. I took it out Sunday and shot handloaded .45 Schofields, and .45 ACPs &.45 WinMags in full moon clips. All functioned perfectly. .45 Gaps would work if I had any and I'd already fired a few hundred .45 Colts. Now if I could track down a good set of Hogue checkered Pao Ferro grips and a Galco Holster, I'll be set. Bob!! :mrgreen:

rangerbob

Buckeye
GRAMPS, I can make flawless 300 Blackout brass from 223's, 8mm-06 or 35 Whelen from 270 brass, build an AR rifle from scratch, but making a photo go from my camera to the forum is beyond my capabilities. Bob!!! :cry:

eveled

Hawkeye
You paid more $, but your gun is nicer than the new offering IMHO. Enjoy it!

rangerbob

Buckeye
Actually, my buddy didn't charge me for the work as it was his first Redhawk conversion and a learning experience and we used to back each other up on the street when we were LE types. He had to make a tool to disassemble the cylinder that I found for sale in the new Brownell's catalog. I much prefer the square butt grip on mine over the round butt of the new gun. He did an action job while he had the gun apart as well. Bob!! :D