45 lc Stainless Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Friend wanted to sell me a Stainless,45lc blackhawk,5.5 in.bar. mint shape,might have never been shot, w/ grey box for $400.Told him to hold it till June. I just bought the Puma 45 lc lever from his wife & short on cash to spring for the blackhawk.I am sure this is good buy but would like your thoughts.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
I have wanted a similiar gun for years, so far all I run into at a good price is blued ones. So I ended up buying 2 blued ones on the way so I don't really know if I need 3 of them. The price sounds fair to me these days, if Its the gun you really want I'd buy it. While it's not rare technically I never see them for sale.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I have a relatively new SS Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible and I believe that this is a FINE revolver. My cylinder throats were slightly undersize (I reamed them to proper .4525" dimensions, had a trigger job done and the pawl modified to be a "free spin" pawl (all rather minor "alterations") and have myself a very practical field and hunting revolver almost ideally suited to deer and hogs at reasonable ranges.

The large caliber centerfire revolver also does a fine job on edible small game.

The price you were quoted is certainly in line.

FWIW
Dale53

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
I paid $460 for mine NIB OTD four years ago IIRC (how's that for acrynims(sp)?). I think that $400 is a fair price though, I've thoroughly enjoyed having a stainless revolver.

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
dougader":1eor3qem said:
I just put a NIB stainless 45 BH on GB for $399 plus shipping.
Thats a coinsidence, the guy selling me,trying, is from Eugene area.Will check your ad on GB.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
Mine, with the Hogue grips and a CAS reamed cylinder, I love it!:
littleeagle.jpg

Scott

Single-Sixer
I have one on the way in a 4 5/8" bbl. that I've dropped "more" than your $400 offer. It's NIB. I probably paid too much, but had a hard time finding that barrel length, so I jumped on it.