45 Colt Super Blackhawk Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BAMA45

Bearcat
I was on Buds web site the other day looking at what they had and there it was a Super Blackhawk Hunter 45 colt model 864. So I hit the buy button ,sent them some money and it was on its way. Went to the lgs to pick it up. The man put it on the counter ,I open it up and my model 864 was not in there . It was a bisley model 866 . Checked the label and it was model 864 , checked serial numbers and they matched. Called Ruger and they wanted me to send it back in to make it right . Told them I would just keep what I had . Any body had something like this to happen or what would you have done ?

schloss

Single-Sixer
Never had anything like that happen. But I would keep it as is.

I have no idea if a factory screw-up like that would be of any real value, but I'd keep it just for that reason. If you ever have to send it back to the factory, I don't know what would happen. I don't scope my handguns, so I'd definitely be keeping the bisley.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
Is the model 866 a bisley or bisley hunter ? I have a bisley hunter in 44 mag, not sure of the model. ( not at home to chk ) I recently bought a 45 Bisley Blackhawk from a member here , great gun .... would have been a tough decsion for me. Scoped revolvers are not for everyone , I have and use both. The scope does have its advantages.

regards , brushunter

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
As long as you're happy. I would have been pretty disappointed. Regardless, the 45 Hunter is a sweet gun. I've taken deer with mine the last 3 seasons.

I'm one of the LUCKY guys to have a "Callshot Spl" the shipping invoice, cat. #, box and a letter from Ruger says was shipped as a 5 1/2" its 4 5/8" I called Ruger and they said "it happens" I wouldn't give it up for a box car full of silver dollars. I also have 500 rds. of Callshot to go with it in boxes with Steves picture on them :D :D
Eric