45 BISLEY VAQUEROS- HEADS UP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rainman

Blackhawk
Just checked Davidsons Gallery of Guns and they got 16 stainless Bisley Vaqueros in today. These look like the original vaqueros not new vaqueros.

No dog in this fight- just a heads up if you are looking for one.

I'd be curious to know if these are clean up guns.

Dan

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'm thinking New Vaquero myself. looks to be the identical picture for the New Vaquero Bisley on the Ruger site. Curious also that it has in the description "SAFETY: Transfer Bar, Loading Gate Interlock, Int Lock"

southpaw13

Bearcat
I recently picked an original Bisley Vaquero blued frame with a date of 9-30-09 on the spent cartridge. Does this make it a clean-up gun?

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
southpaw13":cu2llddk said:
contender":cu2llddk said:
southpaw13, if yours is marked "Vaquero" & not "New Vaquero" ,,,, yes.

It is marked Vaquero. Any downside to owning clean up guns.

Yea, once you start buying it is very difficult to stop. I would sell yours to me quick so that you will be able to resist future temptation!

Some of the clean up guns have seemed to have issues. For example there have been comments about poor fitting guns, poor finish, etc, but these are also largely discontinued models and some of these guns are very difficult to find. Just depends if you want a new gun that is now discontinued. Watching for clean up guns is like digging for treasure, you never quite know what will show up or if it will be worth grabbing or not.

southpaw13

Bearcat
Quaterbore, I would send it to you but it is hard enough importing to Calif I would not want to export any that make it in :D