45 BH Range Report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
Just got back from a crappy range day ( Medium to Heavy Rain, warm and very Humid and my glasses kept fogging up ) I fired 100 rounds of a LEE 255gr LRF Tumble Lubed boolit, 7.7gr Hodgdon Universal in a Starline Case. 1st 12 rounds I set my dope center mass sight picture on a 6" Bull at 12 yards and I was making a ragged hole when my glasses wern't fogged up. Then I shot 12 more at 25 yards with a sight Picture of 6 O'Clock, the best grouping I had was 1 1/2" to 2". All my Shots were Off Hand. I fired the remaining Rounds at Steel Targets for some Blasting Fun. I was going to shoot more untill intense Lightning put a screeching halt to my Blasting activities:(.

I have read about some 45C Blackhawk had bad leading problems because of two things, Undersize Cylinder necks and a non uniform Bore where the Barrel screws into the Cylinder Frame. I have not slugged my Bore and Cylinders yet. But I happy to report that after shooting 100 Rounds of Lead Boolits, I have little to no Leading:D So me thinks I got a goodin. My Ruger Factory Test Fired case was dated 1 May 2012.

Oh yeah, one more thing, the trigger was good right out of the Box, no staging or creep at all. I must be lucky in that department as All my SA and DA Rugers have good triggers. The only crappy triggers I have are my P90, P345 and Mini-14, I'll have to do something about that someday......................