.45/.45 Blackhawks-Should I Trade a KBN 36X and KBN 455X

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MagnumM56

Bearcat
I have a NIB .45/.45 Stainless Blackhawk 5 1/2" (KBN 455X-a-la Davidsons uncatalogued variety) and an old .357/9mm Stainless Blackhawk. The former NIB and the latter fired little by me and meticulously preserved-, My cash for guns has been depleted and I was thinking about the Davidsons uncatalogued stainless 44X and 45X Had to jettison the 44X and the 45X when I jettisoned the ex W i .e sold off the Davidsons Stainless Blackhawks in the regular Barrel lengths of 4 5/8" and 7 1/2 " )which I once owned. Do any of you think someone would trade the 44x and the 45X(pair) even for the KBN 36X and the .455X(pair) if I were to put these out there. Of all of the 45/45 Blackhawks both blued and stainless .thatI have owned -liberties and OM's included-these (the 44X and the 45X)were something special. Opinions ladies and gents?

bigbore45colt

Hunter
You might somebody willing to do that but the 2 guns you are looking for a quite scarce. Finding someone willing to part with them may be tough.

On the other hand, if you're interested in selling your 455X outright, and replenishing your gun fund, drop me an email, I may be interested in it.

BB45C

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Nah! Too scarce to replace. But thanks for thinking about it Mine that I am thinking about are even scarcer than the 45X and 44X-if RENE's numbers are right. Even the KBN 36X numbers produced are less than 500-not double digtis like the 455X but aproximating about 200 only.-I think if memory serves me correctly-Still am enthralled with the 44X and 45X and would pass up the OM 4 5/8 in the box and shipping sleeve to lay my hands on these puppies. Am glad to see that someone else likes 45/45 Blackhawks

bigbore45colt

Hunter
I guess I'm a bit confused with your terminology. I understood you to want to trade your KBN36X and KBN455X for a KBN44X and a KBN45X. Is that what you mean?

If you're talking old models, ie you want to trade for a BKH44X and a BKH45X, then it's a whole different ball game.

What exactly are you trying to trade away? What are you looking for?

BB45C

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Trying to trade the pair-KBN 455x AND KBN 36x[no box for this one]- for the pair (KBN 44X AND KBN 45X[boxed with shipping sleeves]). The latter are more "common" than the former-just wanted to see if anyone had an extra pair of these latter and would part with them for the former. IN '91 Ruger brought out the KBN 44X and KBN 45X as a Davidson's exclusive-produced and shipped months after their hype. The following year Ruger brought out the BN 455X through Davidsons and then If I recall the KBN 455X they are all pretty rare birds. Of all of the 45/45 Blackhawks I liked the KBN 44X and KBN 45X the best.

chet15

Hawkeye
Might be a pretty even swap really if you can find somebody who wants to part with the KBN-44X and KBN-45X. The KBN-36X is a rare gun with maybe only 300 made, but I can see somebody wanting to keep their stainless .45 Convertible more.
Chet15