44 special special??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sebtool

Blackhawk
Anybody know what's going on here? He says the case is shorter than a 44 special, but longer than 44 Russian. Supposedly new brass... :? Any idea what it is?

Pretty cheap as far as 44 spl goes, probably be OK for plinking, but I dunno. Just not sure about that brass.

IF I had 1 of them fancy new Rugers I'd be looking at this, but not in a Charter Arms Bulldog. :shock:

I guess the cojones shrunk up from all thet cold we just had... :oops:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =153404402

helps to put the link in....

Sturgell

Bearcat
I think it is pretty sweet that it doesn't have a headstamp. Seems to be cheap enough though.

sebtool

Blackhawk
Sturgell":4p9hgj39 said:
I think it is pretty sweet that it doesn't have a headstamp. Seems to be cheap enough though.

I thought so too, at first. Good source of practice/plinking brass. The load doesn't sound excessive, but without a headstamp on the brass, who knows what it is? Some leftover eastern european experimental crap?

Like I said, if I had a Ruger I'd be jumping on it, probably with both feet. The best price I've found around here is about $27 a box + tax. Bought some to shoot till I get some brass built up, and get some cast boolits.

sunday bill

Single-Sixer
Don't know about the lack of a headstamp, but .44 Colt brass fits that length description.

Starline shows their 44 Colt as having a slightly smaller rim dia. than the Special (about equal to the rim dia. of the .41 mag).

I've seen open-top repro shooters using this brass.

Hope this helps,

Rich

CraigC

Hawkeye
It's still even a little short for .44Colt (~1.10") and appears to not have the Colt's smaller rim. I use a .30-30 shellholder to load .44Colt, .44Spl/Mag shellholders don't work. I agree it's probably something else trimmed too short.