44 special special??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sebtool

Blackhawk
Anybody know what's going on here? He says the case is shorter than a 44 special, but longer than 44 Russian. Supposedly new brass... :? Any idea what it is?

Pretty cheap as far as 44 spl goes, probably be OK for plinking, but I dunno. Just not sure about that brass.

IF I had 1 of them fancy new Rugers I'd be looking at this, but not in a Charter Arms Bulldog. :shock:

I guess the cojones shrunk up from all thet cold we just had... :oops:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =153404402

helps to put the link in....

Sturgell

Bearcat
I think it is pretty sweet that it doesn't have a headstamp. Seems to be cheap enough though.

sebtool

Blackhawk
Sturgell":4p9hgj39 said:
I think it is pretty sweet that it doesn't have a headstamp. Seems to be cheap enough though.

I thought so too, at first. Good source of practice/plinking brass. The load doesn't sound excessive, but without a headstamp on the brass, who knows what it is? Some leftover eastern european experimental crap?

Like I said, if I had a Ruger I'd be jumping on it, probably with both feet. The best price I've found around here is about $27 a box + tax. Bought some to shoot till I get some brass built up, and get some cast boolits.

maxpress

Buckeye
figure someone wanted to make special brass out of mag brass as ussually happens and had there trimmer set to short.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
gramps":87nupvf1 said:
Quite frankly I think it is junk. I won't shoot someone else's mistakes.
gramps

I'm actually suprised GB let someone sell reloads.

I wonder what a "high end" press is.

sunday bill

Single-Sixer
Don't know about the lack of a headstamp, but .44 Colt brass fits that length description.

Starline shows their 44 Colt as having a slightly smaller rim dia. than the Special (about equal to the rim dia. of the .41 mag).

I've seen open-top repro shooters using this brass.

Hope this helps,

Rich

CraigC

Hawkeye
It's still even a little short for .44Colt (~1.10") and appears to not have the Colt's smaller rim. I use a .30-30 shellholder to load .44Colt, .44Spl/Mag shellholders don't work. I agree it's probably something else trimmed too short.

Latest posts