44 Special in new catalog

Help Support Ruger Forum:

single action

Single-Sixer
Well the 2010 Catalog is out and the .44 special NVB-444 and NVB-445 are listed as a catalog item! The 300 H and H is listed for the number one as well as the 6.5 Creedmore. Also a new Black 10-22 Target Tactical with Bi-pod. neat stuff. single action.

flatgate

Hawkeye
On line the .44 Specials are still listed as Distributor Specials.....

So, what I was told in Phoenix is coming true?

flatgate

CraigC

Hawkeye
So it's official, hell just froze over??? I'll just be damned! Who says Ruger doesn't listen to its customers? :mrgreen:

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Wonder if they'll offer a 7 1/2" .44 Special flattop eventually?

And if that 10/22 SA mentioned is the same gun I saw on another gun blog a while back - a target model 10/22 with factory bipod - then I'd be tempted...

BlkHawk73

Hunter
ProfessorWes":pneme0a8 said:
Wonder if they'll offer a 7 1/2" .44 Special flattop eventually?

And if that 10/22 SA mentioned is the same gun I saw on another gun blog a while back - a target model 10/22 with factory bipod - then I'd be tempted...

Easy enough to have a flat top made into a .44 special. New cylinder...cheaper than waiting and buying the whole new gun. :)

I guess you're tempted also:

486L.jpg

IMO...factory bipod...why not simply buy a bipod seperately?

KENFU1911

Bearcat
Very good......more money for me to spend, I love the Special. It's all Skeeters fault. Ken

single action

Single-Sixer
the 10-22 with the bi pod has a 16.5 inch barrel as opposed to the standard 20 inch barrel with the Hogue overmolded. neat. sa

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
mm6mm6":1gqao1is said:
Only because I know some of us like to actually see it:
Still no indication if it's a flattop (the others don't show as flattops, either), and the "alloy/blued" comment is interesting since the Lipsey's guns are all steel.

I'm sure it happened some time ago, but I'm really surprised they dropped the .38/.357 and .22 LR Bisley models. It's a target revolver, and those are two of the most popular target calibers.

-- Sam

Rclark

Hunter
Also only in 4 5/8 and 6 1/2 ... No 5 1/2 ..... And unless I am looking cross ways, the 5 1/2 is only in .45 Colt .... 6 1/2 just seems like an 'odd' length... except with Ruger SAs.... go figure.

Also (always wanted to know...) how come the bisley model is so much more 'expensive' than a standard blackhawk? I mean, the only real difference is the handle and the hammer..... Is that really a $146 difference in manufacturing costs?

Just noticed to that the number doesn't end in an 'L'. No internal lock?

gatordome

Bearcat
Does anyone know if the newly cataloged .44 Special Blackhawks are going to be flat tops like the Lipsey's models?

I was curious about the catalog listing for the 6.5" barrelled version since the model number is NVB-445. My Lipsey's model NVB-445-SPCL has a 5.5" barrel, and other revolvers with 5.5" barrels have part numbers that end in "5". I thought that the 6.5" barrel listing might be a misprint.

I measured the total length of the Lipsey's revolver and it came to 11" with a 5.5" barrel. The catalog shows the new 6.5" barreled model with a total length of 12.00", one inch longer than the Lipsey. I guess the catalog description is right, but shouldn't it be an NVB-446?

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Yosemite Sam":42ke5318 said:
mm6mm6":42ke5318 said:
Only because I know some of us like to actually see it:
Still no indication if it's a flattop (the others don't show as flattops, either), and the "alloy/blued" comment is interesting since the Lipsey's guns are all steel.

-- Sam

The listed weight indicates it's all steel...if you believe the listed weight.

Hammer

Single-Sixer
Have had one dealer tell me that the cataloged model will not be a Flattop but a conventional model.