.44 Special Brass?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

StanB

Bearcat
Everyone, I have 300 pieces of new Starline .44 Special brass to sell and I don't know what I should ask. I was advised to go to one of the big box "sporting goods" stores and scope out their new brass and I was astounded at the prices.

I don't want to scalp anyone, I have a gunshow coming up next weekend and I want to be fair. Can anyone help me price this brass, and I will offer it on this board first of course. TIA for any info you can share, Stan

dg101win

Single-Sixer
Starline is currently getting $84.50 per 500 shipped, however it is out of stock. That comes out to $16.90 per 100. Midway just had some I believe but do not know the price.
You could ask your cost+shipping USPS flat rate box+something for your time to go to post office.
Some people might be willing to pay almost anything so that they could have some to use. Since I already have some I would be willing to pay $20 per 100+shipping.

Just my opinion.

edlmann

Blackhawk
dg101win":3gkj5u02 said:
Starline is currently getting $84.50 per 500 shipped, however it is out of stock. That comes out to $16.90 per 100. Midway just had some I believe but do not know the price.

With dealer discount, MidwayUSA is $87.99/500 or about $17.60/100. (W/o the discount, $89.99)

Interesting that buying from the maker's website is less than a distributor's discounted price.

ETA: 100 rounds from MidwayUSA = $19.49 to dealers/$19.99 to the public.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
In the past, I have purchased my brass directly from Starline.
Wanted to suggest that you price your brass and state in the ad that the UPS shipping will be "personalized" to their zip code. I just UPS'd a package that cost me $20 to ship due to the buyer's living out in the boonies of N.Y., where an extra $5 was charged for the difficult delivery. I actually lost money for a new item on the sale.
Or you might wish to use Priority Mail Flat Rate Box at your local post office. They have, IIRC, 3 standard sizes at a standard rate of $10 to $12 or so, and there is no weight limit. I once shipped 44# of lead bullets for $12. Good deal. Then you could avoid the problem I had.
I don't want to see a good Samaritan get hammered.
Sonnytoo

edlmann

Blackhawk
Sonnytoo":3s8z4b6u said:
Wanted to suggest that you price your brass and state in the ad that the UPS shipping will be "personalized" to their zip code. I just UPS'd a package that cost me $20 to ship due to the buyer's living out in the boonies of N.Y., where an extra $5 was charged for the difficult delivery. I actually lost money for a new item on the sale.
Or you might wish to use Priority Mail Flat Rate Box at your local post office. They have, IIRC, 3 standard sizes at a standard rate of $10 to $12 or so, and there is no weight limit. I once shipped 44# of lead bullets for $12. Good deal. Then you could avoid the problem I had.

For some reason, the only component seller that takes advantage of the USPS flat-rate boxes is Widener's.