.44 Russian

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Just posted a "WTB" in the classifieds section. I got some free .44 Russian brass and don't want to mess with changing settings for my 44Mag/Spl die sets (I don't even know if they will reach down far enough to crimp the shorter 'Russian'?). Just need a good seater/crimp die if you have one available for sale.
THANKS,
John

Johnnu2

Hunter
Thanks Dixie, I'm trying here first just in case it helps a forum member unload something and make a few dollars. Eventually, I'll go to the manufacturer (even though I've been disappointed by Lee quality in the far past).
J.

led

Single-Sixer
I posted in your WTB add. I'm pretty sure I have a spare 44 spl seater/crimper. Not sure if it can be adjusted to deal with 44 russian however. It's a Lee fyi.

Justice B. Swift

Single-Sixer
A few years ago I found that my 44 spl. dies (RCBS) would not adjust far enough to seat bullets in my 44Russian. Obviously a crimp was not possible either. I was unable to located dies (cheaply) for the Russian, but found 44 special dies easily so I simply chucked the crimp/seater die in my lathe and trimmed the die back to Russian spec. Might be a simple way for you to fly if you have access to a lathe.
Regards,
JBS