44 mags - Super Redhawk vs Bisley Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brushunter

Single-Sixer
s4s4u said:
Having a 480R Super Redhawk and a 45 Colt Bisley, I can say for certainty that the Super Redhawk with the Hogue Tamer grip is the easier shooting of the two with max loads, even though the SRH is throwing a 75 grain heavier bullet. The SA trigger of the SRH is as good, if not better than the Bisley. On the basis of size and weight the Bisley wins out, but I actually shoot better with the SRH.

Have to agree ... Had two SRHs, one ,a 44 with a 9 1/2 incher and the other a 454 with the 7 1/2 barrel. Ended up selling both , now have a Bisley Hunter. No question the SRHs with tamer grips were easier on the hands .. least IMO. If I had it to do over ... I probably opt for the SRH 44 with a 7 1/2 barrel. Also I like having the weight ( scope & rings ) back over the cylinder rather than on the barrel ( weight forward )...thats just me though.

regards , brushunter

98Redline

Blackhawk
If you run the Weigand mount on the SBHH the scope will come back a bit to be more over the cylinder.

brushunter

Single-Sixer
98Redline said:
If you run the Weigand mount on the SBHH the scope will come back a bit to be more over the cylinder.

Couldn't post a pic could you ? I may be interested in that. :)

regards , brushunter

t-reg

Single-Sixer
I've owned several BH .44 Mags over the years, both before and since the following tale.

FWIW:

I got a Hunter when they first came out. It was very accurate and nice to shoot off the bench but I disliked the balance of it while actually hunting, with or without the scope.

After reading the gunscribes of those days proclamations of how the Bisley grip frame tames and manages recoil to a healthy and enjoyable level I had to have one. However, my midsize mitts just never took to the concept and greatly prefer the plowhandle of the standard BH.

A lot of guys love 'em, but for me the Bisley Hunter is a double no go. Great guns, but my recommendation is to try it (shoot one) before you buy it.

98Redline

Blackhawk
Here you go:

SBH+Hunter+group.png