.44 Magnum Carbine Thoughts?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bookemdano

Single-Sixer
Hope the OP doesn't mind,
Looks great. I just got a '66 one and mounted a Burris red dot on it on one of the weaver mounts. Your Bushnell is quite a bit lower on the receiver then mine is and I need one. If you dont mind, what rail/ mount are you using? Thanks
I put that mount on there so many years ago I honestly couldn't tell you. It's a 2 piece
mount for a scope but I only need the back mount for the Bushnell. Sorry.
Dano

RC44Mag

Buckeye
That's what I was afraid of, thanks anyway. another member gave me lead on a one piece rail I'll likely get but looks like it will sit higher then yours but a little less than what I have now. I'll end up getting that unless I can get lucky and fine one like yours.

bookemdano

Single-Sixer
That's what I was afraid of, thanks anyway. another member gave me lead on a one piece rail I'll likely get but looks like it will sit higher then yours but a little less than what I have now. I'll end up getting that unless I can get lucky and fine one like yours.
Did you try Brownells Shooter Supply? Or Numrich? Wish I could help.
Dano

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I did. For the past two weeks I searched everywhere and nada except one rail that I mentioned earlier which seems to sit a bit high also but still lower then the weavers I recently got, its on eBay. I'll do some more searching but getting weary of it. Trying to keep the RD as close to receiver as possible, yours is perfect. Thanks for the suggestions Dano, I'll give them another look, maybe I missed something.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Wouldn't a mount for a 10/22 work?
I'm not sure if the holes line up or the curvature of the receiver. I've done a good deal of researching but nothing regarding compatibility of mounts between the two came up. I'll look into it further anyway, thanks.

wwb

Hunter
Wouldn't a mount for a 10/22 work?
No, it won't. The .44 Carbine has 2 screws at the rear of the receiver and 2 screws on the barrel, each pair taking a separate base. DO NOT mess with the 2 screws on the front of the receiver.