.44 Magnum Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
When I was picking up my P345 at the LGS, I was checking out the two Blued NIB NM Blackhawks they Had, one was a .44 Special and the other was a .44 Magnum! The Magnum had Rolled Gold lettering "Commemorating the 50th Anniversory of the .44 Magnum Cartridge". On the left lower Frame was the lettring, Nm Blackhawk .44 Magnum, has the Fluted Cylinder and looks like it has a 6" Barrel. The LGS is holding it for me and wants $516 OTD. I have not seen or read about this Blackhawk and it's not listed at Ruger's website. Anyone have any INFO on this?....................................

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
ndcowboy":1vj8dg7i said:
Too much money Chief. CDNN has regularly had these for sale for UNDER $400. It is the anniversary model and a lot were produced. Here is a link to the gun I'm 99.9 percent sure you are talking about:

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger_Flattop44.htm

Yep, that's the one.....................

I only saw 2 at GunsAmerica and they had a NIB for $455, then you add in shipping and FFL Fees and yer right back up there............................

rugerfan100

Single-Sixer
Just found my 50th .44 Magnum on Gunbroker.com about a month ago. Kept watching until I saw one come on at just the right price...$399.00 NIB. I really LOVE mine....

blackhawk01.jpg

blackhawk02z.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
I have one as a shooter. I had SERIOUS problems with the grips and grip frame. It beat the living heck outta me......with .44 Specials, too!

I tried nice wood grips but still was battered. So, Plan B went into effect.
I swapped the grip frame for one much larger.

Happy Camper, now.... :D

Grips are very personal. What works for one shooter won't always work for another.

flatgate

dougader

Hunter
Yeah, too much. I sold one for $399 plus shipping a few months ago. They are nice revovlers, although I agree with flatgate on the grips... same problem on my Montado, even with 14k psi loads. Alan Harton will be fixing that for me shortly.

hittman

Staff member
Chief_10Beers":v349htfp said:
Is $516 OTD a good price?.............................

Think CDNN is $379.95, no tax, add $20 shipping to your FFL.

willk

Blackhawk
dougader":13325k4m said:
Yeah, too much. I sold one for $399 plus shipping a few months ago. They are nice revovlers, although I agree with flatgate on the grips... same problem on my Montado, even with 14k psi loads. Alan Harton will be fixing that for me shortly.

Most gun writers love those small grips and I guess that is the reason they have been brought back on so many Ruger Revolvers. However, it seems to me (with me included) most (normal folks) prefer the larger grips.

Even with small hands, the larger grips such as the XR3 RED just work better.