.44 Carbine 'new to me' and PHOTOS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

M. HALL

Bearcat
:?: Hello all.

I am new to the carbine section. I had in the back of my safe for a long long time and have 'found' a Ruger Carbine .44 Magnum Cal., Serial number of 6735.

All the information is on the left side of the carbine and the only other is the SR stamp.

I have many revolver center and rimfires but this carbine is 'new to me" and I am lost.
IMG_3437.jpg

I want to take it to the range but don't have a clue where to start.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

M. HALL

Bearcat
Thanks mike,

I have done the search thing and think I will stay with the 240 Jacketed for now. I am still trying to findo ut what "model" it is and how one is able to tell this.

It is nice to be ignorant of such a wonderful carbine to keep me interested again! Lots of reading to do.

I can't open the PDF until I get off this computer and on to the other. Thanks for the link!

I thought the owners manual was not available for this carbine this far back! It is 95% AT LEAST.

Thanks again.

Matt

mike7mm08

Buckeye
The manuals go by serial numbers. I have not read the different manuals page per page but there is very little difference in them. You can call Ruger and ask for the records department. Provide them with your serial number. They will send you a letter with your rifles ship date what model it shipped as and a photocopy manual for free. You have a great rifle there. I am a 44 carbine nut. I have some great examples but nothing as early as that. Was working on getting a 3 digit deerslayer. It was perfect but finicky about feeding. Was close to closing a deal on it. It was my sister inlaws rifle.But she went nuts got into drugs and left my brother. I get sick thinking about what probable happened to that gun. She probable traded it for a 40 dollar bag of dope. :cry: If you can post some pictures. I can tell you what you.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Hey Matt this may help a little .The standard carbine looke just like a 10/22 standard heres a pic of my deerstalker .44 carbine it's a 1965
LousPics182.jpg

the deluxe looks just like a 10/22 deluxe heres a pic of my 10/22 deluxe
LousPics019.jpg

The rarest of all is the International which has a full lengiht stock like a Ster Manlehceler.If one of you guys with an Internatonial would please post a pic of one for Matt at least he'll know what one looks like .
Thanks,
Lou

M. HALL

Bearcat
Lou and Mike,

Thanks for your help. I can't post pictures yet - got rid of my account a long time ago and never fixed it.

It looks like a standard .44 but I read about the deerstalker and I was just wondering if mine had a model type? Is it stamped on the carbine somewhere?

I going to call Ruger for a S/N check today.

I ws just told by Ruger that it has a ship date of April 1962. Standard Model, very few parts if needed. It looks stock but has a Simmons scope on it.

Thanks again guys.

Matt

M. HALL

Bearcat
:D Bump; Got my photobucket to work. Actually it was me. See Above.

Thanks for all the help and information from everyone.

Matt

mohavesam

Hawkeye
#7! That hurts!

Remember all 44 carbines up to s/n 5000 are listed as 'Curios & Relics"!
AFAIK, no engineering changes between the Deerstalkers and "normal" 44 carbines... ?

M. HALL

Bearcat
Ltdshooter":26vmt246 said:
What kind of scope mount is that on the Redhawk???

Ltd,

a simple 'B Square' and it is rock solid! Bought it 12 yrs ago don't remember what I paid.

Also thanks to everyone for their continued input!

Matt

44woman

Bearcat
Well someone asked for a picture of a Ruger International 44 carbine. So I guess I can share a picture of mine.

Letter from Ruger says it did ship as an international, but could not tell me due to some of their records being destroyed by water damage if it was factory checkered.

Hope you enjoy the pic.

2009_0613checkeredruger0004.jpg

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Her are my internationals. The top one is a 44 carbine thats letters as a international. It is without a doubt unfired wish I had the box. The second one is a custom stocked 96/44 lever which down the road will be getting checkered.
P1000534.jpg

nova711

Bearcat
how about a finger groove carbine ? i just picked one up today at a local gun show. looks like new and was made in 1969. I would post a picture if I could figure out how.[/img]http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae194/larwben/Decorated%20images/Ruger%20finger%20groove%2044%20carbine/MVC-003F.jpg