.44 caliber lswchp bullets

Help Support Ruger Forum:

t-reg

Single-Sixer
I'd like to find some swaged or soft cast lswchp bullets for a .44 special load.

Any sources out there besides Hornady?

lead semi wad cutter hollow point
I got some from Magnus bullets that work good but the last time I checked they are not available. B/O don't help if you want them now. The Hornady may still be available but they're very soft.

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the responses gentlemen.

I use Magnus lswchp .38 cal bullets, they perform great. Thier websight was the first place I went when I decided to try that style of bullet / load in .44 special. Their site shows lswc in .44 cal but no hp's, so I sent an e-mail inquiring. We'll see what they say.

I'm going to get some Hornady's coming tomorrow but from experience with .32 and .38 cal's I'd really like to try some others.

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
Thank you for clarifying that it was one of those moments when as soon as I saw the answeer I should have known. Steve

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Magnus e-mailed me back already. They have no plans to make them. Sounds like they keep busy with what they do make. Too bad, I like thier stuff and the company.

gerryb158

Single-Sixer
Forster makes a tool that is used to "hollow point" cast bullets. Costs about $13 and is available from Midway. I think you have to have a Forster case trimmer to adapt this tool, but I'm not sure on that. In any case, I doubt it would be too difficult to come up with a "tool" to do this job without too much fuss. If you shoot a lot of these type bullets this may not be worth the time and trouble. Gerry

t-reg

Single-Sixer
Thanks gerryb158 - I don't see need for a large volume of these. Could get some Magnus swadged bullets and put a center drill in them. I believe that would be easier than finding them already made.