44 blackhawk flat top range time :)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Smee781

Single-Sixer
Well I finally got out to the range today had a pleasent time. I was shooting a few 1911's and 38's and I packed my "new to me" 1958 flat top 3 screw 44mag, 4 5/8 blackhawk. I had some 240 grn swc and ruled the range with its thunderous boom! When I started shooting the guy next to me with his glock 45 stopped shooting, he asked what I had and said that I had scared him when I let the first one off. :D I started to laugh, then a few others came over and it was show and tell time. Every one liked the Ruger, my wife all of 120lbs fired it once, said that was enough. All in all it was a fun day at the range.
Smee781

drew76

Bearcat
Sounds like a good time shooting a piece like that. I was at the indoor range last month and a guy a few stalls down was shooting an X frame something, 460 or 500. Very unnerving to be taking aim and concentrating on the front sight post and suddenly having that thing let loose.
It was obviously a novelty piece for him. As I was packing it in, I noticed his 25 yard NRA target (placed at the 7 yard line) had a few holes in various places with fewer holes in the target than were actually fired.

Sorry didn't mean to hijak the thread. Post some pictures of the blackhawk.