44 Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Joined
Dec 30, 1999
Messages
4,424
Location
Maine
Uncataloged does not mean it wasn't made, especially with Ruger. Distributors continually contract for non-cataloged variations. The 5 1/2" Bisleys, known as Acusport Bisleys, are quite popular.
The .44 one doesn't show up often. Last two I recall seeing for sale were in the $650 range.
 

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
314
Location
Colorado
chilidog":16fd7kfc said:
Anyone know what a 5.5 inch 44 Bisley is costing now?

The last .44 Acusport I saw sell was on GunBroker 9 months ago and it went for $850 or better! Reckon they're kinda rare...
 

chilidog

Single-Sixer
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
339
Location
Canyon, TX. USA
I guess the Acusport is the one I was thinking about. I haven't seen one around in quite a while. I'm looking for one for my brother, might have to get something cheaper and chop the barrel.
Thanks for the reply's
Kevin
 

c.r.

Single-Sixer
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
436
Location
Texas
Redstick":17w4agew said:
chilidog":17w4agew said:
Anyone know what a 5.5 inch 44 Bisley is costing now?

The last .44 Acusport I saw sell was on GunBroker 9 months ago and it went for $850 or better! Reckon they're kinda rare...

$850 is what I recall as well. However the one I'm thinking of was more recent. I believe I saw one in april or may go for ~$850
 

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Joined
Dec 30, 1999
Messages
4,424
Location
Maine
chilidog":1we8bcbf said:
I guess the Acusport is the one I was thinking about. I haven't seen one around in quite a while. I'm looking for one for my brother, might have to get something cheaper and chop the barrel.
Thanks for the reply's
Kevin

Just get the regular SBH and change out the necessary parts for the Bisley configuration.
 

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
314
Location
Colorado
chilidog":30d75oc8 said:
I guess the Acusport is the one I was thinking about. I haven't seen one around in quite a while. I'm looking for one for my brother, might have to get something cheaper and chop the barrel.
Thanks for the reply's
Kevin

By the time you chop the barrel off a stainless blackhawk and then swap out the frame for a bisley... It'll be plenty $$$.
I've got one of these could meb'be part with for yer brother. If'fn you're interested, send me a PM.
 

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Joined
Dec 30, 1999
Messages
4,424
Location
Maine
Redstick":244nbw9x said:
By the time you chop the barrel off a stainless blackhawk and then swap out the frame for a bisley... It'll be plenty $$$.
I've got one of these could meb'be part with for yer brother. If'fn you're interested, send me a PM.

Why chop the bbl? Just get the 5 1/2" SBH (the OP stated a .44 mag) and swap the parts. Be less than buying the factory one if one could even be located. There's only 1000 of them.
 
Top