.44-40 1892 WINCHESTER DELUXE TAKEDOWN

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
This is the rifle I have pictured with the rattlesnake in another post. I have many origonal Winchester rifles but this one is a Winchester made by Miroku. The fit and finish of these firearms is superb and they function flawlessly. This is a deluxe short rifle takedown in .44-40 with beautiful wood. An old win. with these features would cost a fortune. I have several other Miroku products and they are all great. Here is another photograph of it. Dr.C

BearBio

Buckeye
No intent to steal but here's an original pair for comparison: 1892 takedown in 38.40 and a gen 1 Colt in same. Both shipped to Ft Smith very early 1900's.

muzzleloader

Single-Sixer
BearBio said:
No intent to steal but here's an original pair for comparison: 1892 takedown in 38.40 and a gen 1 Colt in same. Both shipped to Ft Smith very early 1900's.

Love that shoulder rig Bear. Is that the Doc Holiday? Nice guns too! :)

BearBio

Buckeye
RE the holster: No, I don't think it is the Doc Holiday. If I remember, the Dr. Holiday has a knife sheath. However, EPS may not on theirs. I got it on E-bay and I simply don't remember.

My forebears were, apparently, on both sides of the law in the Indian Territory (2 rode with Quantrill and "Bloody Bill"; several served with Stand Watie), so I wanted to have something representative of a late period lawman.