.41Mag, 4 5/8bbl, brass frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
hedrok said:
I love it!! Knowledge races. Lol 😂

I don't know if I qualify for the 'race' but there is a very innovative grip frame maker (esp for RUGERS) by the name of Ronnie Wells. I'm sure he has nothing to do with the OP's 41Mag's frame, but I just wanted to show up for the race. He posts on the forum where the big guys are.

https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/

I forgot to mention that he sells a great tool for compressing the loading gate springs on NM Rugers; I have one and it works:

https://rwgripframes-com.3dcartstores.com/TOOLS_c_26.html

J.

there was a company called Caravelle?? who made brass frames years ago, and we too have used the 'Qualite' brand, no sure of the spellings its been a LONG time....heck I wish I had some of the MANY Ruger 'factory ' brass frames that they destroyed, melted down,, too many casting flaws, cracks and fissures ( holes ) I believe they were 'bubbles' , you would polish a frame down and "presto bango' a "void" ( I called them craters) we have had some that were coated with the same "yellow material" that was used on the carbide drills....that coating was harder than the hinges to the gates of hell..... 8) :roll: :wink:

PS the factory brass frames in the box , with the grips, and the wide trigger, cost us $7.50 each back in the early mid 70's...wish I bought more than the dozen oir so we did in the shop back then...we too found that the "brass" when polished could get into and on the wells of the buffer pads, and cause specks, spots in the bluing process, brass and aluminum do NOT bode well in a bluing operation :roll: :? :(

hedrok

Single-Sixer
It's interesting that there appeared to be enough demand for aftermarket frames to support multiple companies efforts to make them. The hopes and aspirations of entrepreneurs springs eternal.

contender

Ruger Guru
"It's interesting that there appeared to be enough demand for aftermarket frames to support multiple companies efforts to make them. The hopes and aspirations of entrepreneurs springs eternal."

Ronnie Wells has done just that. His approach, by offering differing angles & shapes while at the same time allowing a VERY precise fit & such has developed into a fine side company for him. RW Gripframes. He consulted with many good shooters & such to get ideas as to angles & shapes that many wanted.

hedrok

Single-Sixer
Lots of passion in the mix to get all that done. Admirable. I wish more people had the same drive and passion.
Sounds like an "RW" frame might be a bunch more desirable than the original.
Again, the depth of knowledge here is amazing.

hedrok said:
Lots of passion in the mix to get all that done. Admirable. I wish more people had the same drive and passion.
Sounds like an "RW" frame might be a bunch more desirable than the original.
Again, the depth of knowledge here is amazing.

For the sake of pure Rugerphile collectability the factory Ruger brassie would be the way to go.

For personal fit satisfaction at the possible loss of some collectability, the RW is likely the best choice.

Having one of each would cover all the bases if money is no object.

JMHO :mrgreen:

hedrok

Single-Sixer
Well, the revolver in question has a new home…One of the folks at the OGCA meeting/gun show was willing to adopt.
Lots of interest and much of the information you kind gentlemen was passed on with the gun.
Thank you all for the guidance. Much appreciated.

Nice find.
Just some information on the Bearcat you mentioned. There are no brass framed Bearcats. If there were one would be sitting with my others. The trigger guards are anodized aluminum (brass colored) or black steel.