416 Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

luvmyruger

Blackhawk
Can any of you who have the Ruger hawkeye in 416 Ruger give me your thoughts on the gun and the round. I handled one with the hogue stock and it seemed to balance very nicely.

How about reloading for it. is brass and reloading data readily available? Does it use standard powders or is it proprietary powders?

Any pics on your guns or details of how it worked is appreciated.

I think the 416 Ruger is going to be a home run. I like the standard length action, I like the handiness, but most of all what made the 375 Ruger a homerun is the price compared to similar rifles in their category. Everyone wants to hunt Big Bears someday or Africa and they are not out of reach for many. They can go and use the rifle they want to use but at a reasonable price. That's what will sell it. The 375 Ruger Way out sold expectations. Obviously there is not the same demand for the bigger bores but it will still sell very well in my opinion. Reloading data isn't too far away. ammo is available.

4Sixteen

Bearcat
Just got it! Shown here with a Leupold 3x9 Ultra-light scope. I also have a SAKO Hunter 416 Remington magnum that I've owned for quite a few years, for comparison.

This rifle is much lighter and shorter, and should have about the same ballistics as the 416 Rem. (although at higher pressures). :D

Load development to follow...

416UL1.jpg