416 Ruger Jamming

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Olonana

Bearcat
I have a new 416 Ruger.

I have fired 6 shots and am experiencing a jamming of the first fed round and the 3rd fed round (from the right hand side as you look down into the magazine from the butt of the rifle). Also have the bolt making severe cuts/scratches into the cases in the magazine.

I used Hornady DGX ammo.

Any similar issues.....sitting in Africa I wonder what the solutions will be? Firearm is going back to the importer tomorrow.

Dranrab

Single-Sixer
I am sorry I can't help you. Ruger is having some significant QC issues of late.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
Curious as to how this one turns out. Please come back with the upshot. A 416 is a number that just must work, Good Luck.

Stump Buster

Single-Sixer
This is the first I've heard of the new ones having problems. I know the first run had issues (Mine was one of them. You can read about it here... http://rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=71167&start=15 )

Mine has since come back and so far, not one hiccup, but before I head off on a dangerous game hunt, I'll have it looked over by Mr. Echols if he's still accepting work. Right now I'm satisfied with the reliability for everything local, just would like the reassurance from Mr. Echols before heading out after Buffalo or Big bears.

Hopefully your issue get's resolved quickly by Ruger's CS Department.

Stump

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
An improved Mauser. Too proud to just copy? Those old captured 98's with the defaced Nazi eagles, used in a war of national survival by one side and then the other and now still feeding, firing and ejecting for their new masters. I have more study to do before I begin to understand corporate design practices.