41 REm Mag Bisley vs Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
What is the opinion on the Bisley Hunter Frame vs the Super Blackhawk Hunter frame. I have a chance to get either one but I seem to remember something about the Bisley frame NOT being all that good.
TNX

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
If you want to shoot full power loads the Bisley frame handles recoil better. I have a 41 mag bisley blackhawk hunter that I deer hunt wth and wouldn't trade it for the world. Steve

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
+1 on the 41 mag bisley hunter. I traded a clapped out garand (rack grade) for a stainless 41 hunter and ran from the pawn shop! You will not pry it from my collection...........well.....maybe..........no, I'll keep it. best, greg :D :p

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
There are "haters" out there who don't like the Bisley frame.
And there are some that can't live w/o them, like me.
It all boils down to which fits YOUR hand better.
There is quite a difference so you should try each before purchase.

dougader

Hunter
Yep, some guys just don't like the Bisley frame. Me, I much prefer the Bisley frame. I've fired full house 44 mags from the SBH frame using the stock grips, pachmayers and custom grips and its not not fun; it hurts like heck.

Put a 44 mag or a heavy 45 Colt in the Bisley frame and its much easier to shoot and control... at least in my experience.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I'm a big fan of the Hunter grip frame.
52725233.jpg

I installed one on a .45 Colt cal. Blackhawk. Since Ruger's never made the Hunter in Blued Steel I've just had to "make my own".

85490282.jpg

Original 10" Flattop .44 with a few modifications.

And, one, more "homeboy" example, a project in progress, on a 50th Anniv. .44.

50thShooterLR.jpg

JMHO,

flatgate

Latest posts