41 Magnum Seville

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lee Martin

Hunter
Not a Ruger, but close enough I thought I'd post a photo or two (seem to recall a few Seville fans on the forum).

Here's a Tombstone, AZ built 41 Magnum I recently purchased. Short of the factory test it appears unfired:

Tombstone411.jpg

Tombstone412.jpg

Very few 41 Sevilles were built prior to the move to Tucson, so I was glad to get this one.

rhatimi

Bearcat
I've seen a few posts now about the Seville revolvers as well as the Texas long-arm revolvers. How do these revolvers compare in quality/reliability/ruggedness to ruger blackhawks.
-Thanks

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Just a couple years ago, John Taffin, who lives in this town was writing the book of the 44. I had just scored what I thought was a nice Ruger look-a-like in 44 mag. called Seville in a pawn shop one town over. I walked into the local gun show here and found John sitting behind a table with friends and stopped to chat. He was interested in my gun rug so I showed him what I had, which he promply purchased for a $25 quick profit for me. Later I found out what they're really worth!! You can read about that transaction in John's book of the 44. My "old" Seville is pictured there in new fancy grips. I think it's for sale for around tripple what I got!!Very well built, nicely balanced, fine firearms. I'm gonna get over this Ruger thing someday and get another one to try...RB

Lee Martin

Hunter
Neat story. I really like how John's Seville turned out too. If I remember correctly, Scott Kolar did the grips.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Not sure Lee, I'm at work so would have to head home to look it up or call John and ask him...But I think you are right. BTW, I would trade most anything for a nice 41 Seville....know where one is??? My only gripe is that the grip is just a little full from the trigger guard to the grip. I like the old 44 flattop grip best. Or Elmer's #5. Greg

Lee Martin

Hunter
41 Sevilles are rare. A few were produced in Tombstone and Bisbee, AZ in 1979. Once Sig moved to Tucson, a couple hundred more were built from 1980 - 1983.

Jeff Munnell's "United Sporting Arms" made the most in 1984 & '85. Even then, we're talking 300 tops. Another 5 - 10 were assembled in Idaho, and none ever came out of the Chimney Rock, NC shop. Adding all this up suggests only 600 41 Sevilles exist.

Here's my favorite:

41MagSeville.jpg

It's a 10.5" Seville Silhouette from 1984.

Latest posts