41 Magnum Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
The April issue of Shooting Times has an article on page 66 in reference to the exclusive 41 Magnum flattop Blackhawk offered by Williams Shooters Supply. The revolver in the article is a 4 5/8". I've had my 6.5" Flattop 41 Maganum since 12/09. Like the one mentioned, mine came from Williams. The 6.5" guns were released first and now they have both in stock. I thought nobody else knew or cared since this article is the first time that I am aware of they have been written about. Since I have the 50th Anniversery 357 and 44 Flattops and both 44 Specials, I felt like I needed this one too. I'm waiting for a S&W M43 to arrive at Williams(soon, I hope) and then I'll get the 4 5/8" 41 with it(save on shipping). They also have a few other exclusives like the 45 Colt Blackhawk 7.5" convertible. This info may have been mentioned before I got on the forum, if so I'm late. Bob!! :)

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Bob. Look under the sticky post in the Ruger collectors section on this forum. There is quite a lengthy read about these guns. Welcome aboard the forum. Also check out the Ruger Collectors Association (RCA) forum under the New Model section too see a set of three consecutive serial numbered guns. He RCA forum is different than this forum

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I grabbed a 6 1/2" FT .41 when they first came available. Opened the box, looked at it and tucked it away. The boy can have it someday. Was gonna jump on pne of the 4 5/8" ones but just can't get excited about that bbl - length even for a .41 FT. :lol:

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
You know we are strange BLKHAWK73 can't get excited by a 4 5/8" blackhawk. That's the only length bbl. I like. I feel the same as he does only backwards. I'm not excited if a new ruger purchace isn't a 4 5/8". So much so that I have cut the bbl's off on several to make them 4 5/8" like one of my 30 carbines that ruger doesn't offer in 4 5/8" and a couple of super blackhawks I have cut down. It seems that most superblackhawks on the used shelves are the 7.5" ones. I have the 4 5/8" super blackhawk 44 with the round trigger guard and love it and also have a couple that I have shortened with the square trigger guard. I like the bbl and erh ending together. I even have a 5 1/2" one that started life as a heavier bbled 9" gun that is now 5.5" long because that's where the erh stops on it. Most all my single actions are the 4 5/8".

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Yep, we all got our "druthers"...To me a 5.5" is a short "packing length" and I like 6.5-10.5 inchers for my kind of shooting :shock:
A happy medium to me is 7.5" :wink: