41 mag Bisley ? OK ,, the enablers win,,,AGAIN

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
needsmostuff said:
So,,,,,, To them that know.
Serial # 47-077xx seems to come up as a 1986 but listed as a Blackhawk on the Ruger listing.
Were the counted in the standard BlackhawK totals ?

They did. In fact if you look on the frame of yours, it will say New Model Blackhawk. The only Bisley identifier is on the unfluted cylinders. Fluted Bisleys sometimes escape scrutiny of the unknowing as simply Blackhawks. Found a few of my fluted ones on Gunbroker really cheap because of this.

Onty

Single-Sixer
contender said:
I had an old man once tell me this;
"A man who owns & understands a .41 magnum revolver is an educated man, listen to him!"
Never heard about that one, but considering my own experience, and what I've heard from few others, owning first revolver in 357 magnum and 44 magnum, almost certainly leads to revolver in 41 magnum.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
bisleyfan41 said:
They did. In fact if you look on the frame of yours, it will say New Model Blackhawk. The only Bisley identifier is on the unfluted cylinders. Fluted Bisleys sometimes escape scrutiny of the unknowing as simply Blackhawks. Found a few of my fluted ones on Gunbroker really cheap because of this.

Thanks for the verification . Figured it was such but always good to ask.

Johnnu2

Hunter
First of all needsmostuff.... GREAT SNAG on a really beautiful gun.

To re-verify that Ruger Bisleys are marked as Blackhawk.... just take another look at the pic that I posted above; it is fairly clearly marked as a 'Blackhawk'.

J.