41 Flattop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boxhead

Blackhawk
Jim,

I believe I read that a very limited number were made and they have been snatched up. I believe Gunbroker and the like is where to find them now.

Axehandle

Buckeye
I heard a production number of 250.... My Dealer was unable to get one. Personally found an as NIB FT 44 Mag for $380... I have take off 41 cylinders and barrels... I'm going to get John Gallagher to make me a NM 41 FT....

BlkHawk73

Hunter
After we received the initial 40 units, Ruger offered us another 36 units early last week. As of 5pm Central time today we took an order for the last 4 units. We currently have another 200 units on order, but no idea of the delivery date yet.[\quote]

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Jim,

My understanding from both of my contacts at Williams and Ruger is that there were 79 or 80 made and no more. It is possible that more could be made but nothing definitive just yet.

I think that there is a grand total of one on GunBroker right now with opening bid of $519.

I ended up with 3 of them. 2 are consecutive, which I will keep. I might be talked into parting with the third one. Drop me an email if you're interested and we can discuss off-line.

BB45C

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Considering that they would probably sell nearly as fast as the Lipsey's 44, why would Ruger make so few? My NMBH in 41 won a fair number of trophies in IHMSA standing back in the 80's when I was into that sport. Very accurate caliber IMHO. I would buy one in the FT frame, just to have another...

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The .41 is more of a cult cartridge not unlike the .44 special. However, the .44 special has some rather famous names from the shooting sports attached to it. Also a chambering the cowboys shooters like. The .41 simply gets overlooked too often. Makes more business sense to appeal to the many rather than the few.