4" Redhawk 45 Colt Pic

Help Support Ruger Forum:

feathers73

Bearcat
Does anyone have a pic of the 4" Redhawk in 45 Colt with Ruger wood grips? I'm trying to imagine how it looks. thanks

bronco45

Single-Sixer
It's a 4" 44 Redhawk if that will do:

Ruger wood with Tyler T:

RugerRhawk44-1.jpg

Papa

Bearcat
That rubber grip kept me from buying one when I finally got to handle it. Couldn't stand the way it looked or felt. What a let down.

If it had looked like yours I'd have took it home right then! :D

Very Nice indeed

Papa

Papa

Bearcat
I'm sure you're right. I have rubber grips on some of my DA's. Made a world of difference. Just couldn't get passed them on this one.

I didn't like the looks to start with, so I forced myself to pick one up and close my eyes. I didn't like the way it felt either.

I know, YOU DON'T SHOOT WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED, but I was trying not to let the looks dissuade me, but I couldn't do it. My loss I'm sure.....

I do have a GP-100 and SP-101 and a SRH-454 all with rubber grips and wood panels, and I absolutely love each one:D

Papa

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Yes, by all means if you like the gun, then buy it and look for wood grips for it.
There was a thread sometimes backabout Redhawks. I don't remember now who made the comment about the stock wood grips on his 7 1/2 inch .44, but when I asked him he said he much preferred the factory wood grips over the rubber grips.
Remember, the hunt is a big part of the fun! :D

feathers73

Bearcat
Thanks for the pic. Makes a world of difference to me in looks. I think with 45 colt wood grips should be alright.

Bountyhunter

Single-Sixer
mohavesam":27crvw4k said:
Nice soft finish! Did you have it done or... ?

I bead blasted it with a friends blaster. I also removed the billboard. Then I sent it off to have the barrel cut to 3.5" and the cylinder milled to accept moon clips.

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
I love that beadblasting.I have thought about getting mine done.These aren't factory but similar in shape except round bitted.
Redhawk044-1.jpg

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
I prefer the rubber grips that are the current factory-issue on the 4" Redhawks. I'd be willing to swap a pair of the factory wood grips in exchange.