4" Redhawk 45 Colt Pic

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bountyhunter

Single-Sixer
I used a file and then some sandpaper. I didn't have to polish after because I bead blasted it so it wasn't too bad to do. The blasting hides some imperfections.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
Those are awsome. I still want one of those 4 inch Redhawks. Origanally I wanted one in 44 but I think 45 would be nice since Buffalo bore has +p loads for it. Those sure are aweet.

Bountyhunter

Single-Sixer
Kyhunt":wx41g440 said:
Those are awsome. I still want one of those 4 inch Redhawks. Origanally I wanted one in 44 but I think 45 would be nice since Buffalo bore has +p loads for it. Those sure are aweet.

Reload and you can have a huge variety of ammo for the 45. From plinkers to bear killers. :D

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I know I need to get into reloading. I just need to take the time to start reading up on it to see if its somethin I think I can do and then get the stuff.

sumoj275

Bearcat
Kyhunt, I understand where you are coming from. I started out on a RCBS Rock Chucker back about 1993 as soon as I got out of HS and realized that if I were continue shooting in college something had to be done. Well, my last semester of school came around and I was short on cash and sold my stuff to pay the bill. At that time ammo was getting cheaper and since I was going to have a good paying job, what I thought was good paying, I started to buy manufatured ammo. About 4 or 5 years ago I decided to pick up one of the Lee Ann. kits at a local dealers for about 50 bucks since it had everything except a book. I loaded on that press for a while and ended up selling it to a young airman for about 20 bucks since he was getting into reloading. Anyway, I had picked up a used Lyman Turret press and use it for rifle calibers but last winter I decided that I wanted to find something a little more productful for volume loading of pistol/revolver and plinking rounds. I have had the chance to have on hand loading with a Dillon 550B and the newest Hornady LNL Progressive. I do believe that when my urrent knife and gun buying slows a bit (just got a Accusport Bisley 45 Colt/ACP) I will be getting the Hornady. Now, I suggest starting with a cheaper priced setup, even a used one to start off with then move up to a progressive--but that is just me.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I've been gone for a few days so I havent answered this. Those Lee Ann kits are the decent to start off on? Really right now what I would want to load is 357/38 and 30-30 with the possibilty of 44 or 45lc down the road and maybe even 45-70 down the road.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I notice in reloading cataloges they have tumbers. Is that something I need to buy right away?

Bountyhunter

Single-Sixer
A tumbler is what is used to clean the brass. Others don't use them, so I guess you don't have to. I have a cheap one that works fine. Always cheack on ebay. You can sometimes find real good deals.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
Ok thanks. I think I'm going to order the ABC's of reloading and the Lyman reloading manual and give it a look. I just watched a bunch of clips by ammosmith on Youtube on the suggestion of someone off the Marlin forum. It was pretty informative.

KurtC

Single-Sixer
Redhawk003.jpg

Redhawk002.jpg

Racklover

Bearcat
Bountyhunter":109n3emm said:
sumoj275":109n3emm said:
Bountyhunter":109n3emm said:
Here's mine without Herret Ropers. :lol:

Picture039-2.jpg

Lord, that is beautiful. What kind of sights are you using?

Not sure. Pinnacle Performance out of PA did the work. I only bead blasted it, removed the warning, and rounded the back side of the grip. The cylinder is milled to accept moon clips too so I can shoot 45acp or 45 Colt.

BH,

Have you had any issues with the moonclip conversion?

What is the turn around time from Pinnacle?

TIA

Bountyhunter

Single-Sixer
It was about 3 months. I think you can set it up so that you're on his list and then he'll let you know when to send it in. Then it doesn't have to be gone so long. If you're just having the cylinder milled, you send just the cylinder. He does them about every 2 weeks. Just give him a call and he'll let you know when he's doing them again. I had to change my main spring after the mill job, because of light hits. I think it was the spring and not the milling. It seems to be working great now.

Bountyhunter

Single-Sixer
Are you refering to it not firing all the time? That is why I changed the main spring. It seems to be better now. The other problem was me. I used plastic moon clips that work in the S&Ws and assumed they would work as well with the RH. Wrong I guess. :?