4 out of 25...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

redhawker

Buckeye
In a post I did Friday regarding the power being turned off in So. Commiefornia on purpose on Thanksgiving day I mentioned it was one more reason to put on the list of reasons to leave this screwed-up state. Within a little over a day, there were 25 responses to the post, 4 of them (16%) pretty explicitly saying, in one way or another, I would not be welcome in their state - which wasn't really even the subject of the post. Wow! So, you've got a fellow gun owner, a straight red voter for as long as I can remember, Trump supporter, churchgoing, amongst other things that I believe probably most of us on this forum agree with or believe in, and you tell me to basically pound sand if I want to move to your state in the free part of the United States. The funny part is these are probably the same people when they see someone in another thread complaining about a new Commiefornia gun control law or some type of Commiefornia craziness forced on the school kids will say, "well, leave. Move out". As for moving out for most of us still stuck behind the Newscum curtain, if we could, we would. Some of us are working on it right now but ya gotta get the ducks in a row first. Yeah, there are idiots that will move into your states that just don't get it and will continue to vote against your interests (and their own even if they don't realize it) but after communicating with people who have left or are planning to leave I think that is a minority. To put it in simple terms if any number of people moved into your state if 50% of them were libs their votes would be offset by the other 50%, which are conservatives, that are moving in. And, I think, in reality, more red voters are moving in than libs as that is one of the big motivators to move, so there should be a net gain in red votes. So, where does the slide toward blue votes come from? Consider the hundreds of thousands of 18 - 24-year-olds that have gone off to left lib indoctrination centers (college) and then return and start voting the way they've been brainwashed to vote while they were gone. That's where most of this is coming from.

hittman

Staff member
Go post a POSITIVE message or link or article in Political Section.
CRICKETS! :mad:

Post something anti-gun or derogatory to liberals and folks pile on the negativity …… it’ll go 20 pages.

Human nature it seems.
Sadly, I’ve been part of way too many of those but try to get better all the time.

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I also live in a commiestate. My views don't reflect the masses, but nevertheless I am vilified anyway. Often people will say to me don't move here because they don't want my state's screwed up views to filter over. THAT would never be the case because I don't support the opinions of the masses.

I read your past post and my perception was that nobody was negative against you personally. I am sympathetic to your problem, and I would gladly welcome you to my state, even though for you it would probably not be an improvement.

For the most part, people in other states are jealous of the rich Californians moving into their state.

You may not be rich, but if you are selling a house, you can afford to buy just about anything in another state. And they cannot…in their own state.

That’s one reason at least. I’m sure there are others.

Edited to add:
I’d have to look up the statistics, but aren’t more people moving OUT of CA than into CA?

YOU didn't cut the power nor did you say you were in agreement with the move to do so. I honesty do not understand why anyone would suggest you not move to their State. Personally I would feel that it would be a smart, if not prudent, move to get away from the 'goofy' laws that keep appearing there.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
There's plenty of land available in MS. If you stay away from places like Jackson and a few others you can buy undeveloped acreage for about $5k/per acre out in the county & build a house on it. If you can afford 50 acres or so you can hunt and shoot on it all you want. Lot's of deer, wild hogs, dove, fish, and might even get lucky and draw a gator permit (annual lottery). You just have to put up with the occasional tornado, hurricane, and venomous snake. Cost of living is also much lower than what you're probably used to. There's only about 3 million people in the entire State, so plenty of elbow room.

txramfan

Single-Sixer
45 years and almost a month ago I moved to Texas and heard comments about my home state , California .
It was and still is odd to me.
I left California, a state that did and does issue ( not easy) a license to carry.
I moved to Texas they didn't.
I moved from California after it tried to elect Ford.
I moved to Texas after it helped elect President Jimmy Carter
Texas elected Democrats as Governor for 100 years. California hasn't ( yet )
I could go on.
Never did understand why ....well I do.

Texas was a Democrat strong hold until people moved in and changed it.
California became a Democrat strong hold because people moved there and changed the state that gave us the Governor / President Reagan.

Mike J

Hunter
For the most part, people in other states are jealous of the rich Californians moving into their state.

Do you really believe this. I don't care how much money someone else has. I just don't want more leftists, professional victims around.

redhawker-I believe most likely you could live next door to me & you & I would get along fine. Unfortunately the same people who have ruined your state have caused many to dislike Californians just for being Californians.

Ride1949

Buckeye
16555292163891336809133389234203.jpg

Do you really believe this.
Yes, it’s a fact, look it up. People from CA are moving to Idaho and Texas among other states and are driving up property values, because they can afford to pay asking prices or above.

This fact has been reported in the news for several years now.

And I said the people living there are jealous because in state people are mad about the rise in property values. Plus, well look, even here on the forum, people said don’t move to my state.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
I said "DONT MOVE HERE" because of all the housing and apartments being built and the amount of forest land they are destroying while NOT widening the roads while building all that housing, It is destroying the wildlife and I am seeing more and more dead animals along the roadside including deer and hogs not to mention the possums, raccoons, squirrels, turtles, etc etc.

Ron Reagan did a great job as governor of Calif when I was living there also not too bad as president too.

Really? You don't think it might be because of the political views they bring with them rather than jealousy?
I’m not talking about the 20 or 30 people on this gun forum. I’m referring to the millions of a-political people living just on the poverty lines in those states. The people that don’t vote and don’t really care about politics. They usually seem to be the people we hear about in the news. They are the ones who get their trailer blown away in a tornado.

They are the ones who are jealous of the “rich” Californians moving into their states.

This has been reported on any news channel that covers real estate for the past several years. There are numerous reports showing how many people have moved into and out of which state. It shows the average home price of where they are leaving and to where they are moving.

Shirley I’m not the only one to have seen these reports. And my name isn’t Shirley thanks to auto correct.

I guess I took on the bigger view than the minority of people here on the rugerforum.

Last edited:

xtratoy

Buckeye

You may not be rich, but if you are selling a house, you can afford to buy just about anything in another state. And they cannot…in their own state.

That’s one reason at least. I’m sure there are others.

Edited to add:
I’d have to look up the statistics, but aren’t more people moving OUT of CA than into CA?
It is not that we are jealous of their wealth because they were able to make a profit. It is the fact that many who come from these places turn around and screw up the area they move to by bringing their politics and liberal ways with them. They buy into a rural area or out past rural then expect everyone else to change their lifestyle to fit their needs.

I'm happy that you feel you are so much better than others because of your wisdom and ability to think so freely.
I never once said I was better than anyone else. But thank you for telling me how I feel.

I was trying to explain myself. Nobody seemed to take the real estate view about people moving around.

And I’m not building a house in New Mexico. It’s Santa Fe to be exact, but regardless, it isn’t in NM.

You may not believe it but, not everything's about money.
There was a thread a month ago or so, here on the Rugerforum. The general conversation was something about how people put the price of goods and products above anything else. So yeah, it has a whole heck of a lot to do with money.

I didn’t like Trump as a person not one bit. But what he did or didn’t do to control the stock market was genius. I don’t know if he realized that or not. Our current leaders, I cannot stand, what they are doing to the economy. Sorry to burst your bubble but It’s ALL about money.

I love how being called a “closet liberal” seems to be the highest form of insult here on the Ruger forum.

I’m done with this conversation. You win. Have a blessed day.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I have always been confused by the way some people react to others on here. You would think we are all brothers in arms but sometimes not. 'Don't move here' is what people in Florida have said for years. I don't care for the folks from 'up north' the way they talk, the way they act and yes the way they want to change everything so I can see the other side as well. Very strange the way human nature is. 🙂

FFguide

Bearcat
Redhawker, I apologize to you about my statement, “Too many in the Big Sky State”. It was not directed toward you personally. I was reflecting on my personal experience with the behavior and of many folks that have moved here to escape what they created in their home state. I agree with the quote that was posted by Ride1949 on Sunday. Thank you.

Paul B

Buckeye
I can understand what Redhawker's saying. Back in 1970 I finally got my foot in the door with the Weather Bureau. The job was in Winnemucca Nevada. I know, where in hell is Winnemucca? Part of the job was collection weather observations from the Battle Mountain airport which I did using a hot line. On slow days, we'd spend time talking guns and hunting and they invited me to do a hunt with them come opening day if I could get off. About a week before the hunt they remembered I was originally from California and all of a sudden I was personna non grata. A year later they sold their FBO to a family from Montana and we got to be pretty good friends. He became one of my hunting partners and we with one other fellow hunted together for they years I was there. The local townspeople literally shunned me for years and in 1979 one of the big shot local politicians stopped by asking for my vote. He saw a picture of my paternal Grandmother and asked who she was? When I told him, he said I didn't know you were Basque. Guess what, neither did I. Funny ting happened, I stat getting invites to hunt on private ranches, places that had turned me down during the time I was there. Seems like the Basque people were the power in that town. My Grandmother always insisted she was French so that's what I thought she was. Three months after finally being accepted I get transferred to Tucson. Just my luck. Anti-California sentiment was pretty strong in that small town. From what I understand it's almost a boom town now. More's the pity. A lot of history there. Butch cassidy's last big bank robbery took place there. The old gunsmith I worked with part time actually saw it take place.
Paul B.

Ride1949

Buckeye
"I never once said I was better than anyone else. But thank you for telling me how I feel"

"I guess I took on the bigger view than the minority of people here on the rugerforum"

Sound familiar?

" Sorry to burst your bubble but It's ALL about money."

You are ,oh so very wrong there. Central Oregon was named as one of the ten best places to live in the U. S. Since then urban sprawl has displaced wildlife, doubled the number of people in the woods and at the lakes and rivers during hunting and fishing seasons. Traffic has become a nightmare, our once clean clear air is now a brown stinking cloud that has replaced our magnificent mountain views with a smog cloud. To top all that off, we now have BLM, LGBTQXYZ and defund the police demonstrations regularly. While at the same time the anti gun faction is raising hell. You think that's all about the money?

"I love how being called a "closet liberal" seems to be the highest form of insult here on the Ruger forum

From whatI understand, there are other gun forums where that won't happen. ;)

I'm done with this conversation. You win. Have a blessed day"

It's a shame you bailed so soon. I was looking forward to your reasoning on what we're experiencing up here. You have yourself a blessed day too.

Last edited: