4" Marks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Highstandardguy

Buckeye
I've been interested in Marks with 4" barrels for a while and decided to see what's out there. Here's what I've found so far.

First row: KMK4BL, MK4BL, MK4B
Second row: KP4B, P4B
Third row: P4MKIII, P4GCMKIII

JpHciqel.jpg

Anything I'm missing? I have seen versions of what looks like the MK4B with checkered wood thumb rest grips and with standard black plastic grips. I don't know if those are separate models, variations of the model, dealer exclusives or someone has just swapped grips.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
There's also an MK4B with black plastic grips. Which was just a factory offering. You top three 4Bs are distributor versions of the 4B.

Highstandardguy

Buckeye
Thanks for the response.

This one comes up as model 00139 on the Ruger lookup. Is this a separate model number from the factory version and does it have a catalog number other than MK4B like the other two? Do you know what the model number and catalog numbers are for the factory version?

The other two are models 00198 and 00138. That and the catalog numbers I posted are off the box labels. Unfortunately I don't have the original box for 00139.

Highstandardguy

Buckeye
Well I got my Ruger letter today and mine is a 00139 MK-4B as well. Shipped 5/96. Seems that Ruger made changes to these without changing the numbers. Odd they didn't make something different for a distributer model.

wproct

Single-Sixer
I have always liked the looks of the 4 inch bbl MKII Rugers. (y) Great pictures guys.

eveled

Hunter
Really nice set you have! I dont see any you are missing
90A2C70C-5D3C-4EDB-98F3-C013C1F7C7B4.jpeg

I got lucky when I found this one. ShopRuger had the matching left hand smooth thumbrest grips on clearance!

Latest posts