4 in. blued GP w/ fixed sights??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Area 51

Bearcat
So i stopped at a nearby gun shop today and saw this 4 in. fixed sighted GP100. From what I know from the ruger website, they make the 3 in. stainless GP with fixed sights. I thought this was the only GP presently made with fixed sights but the guy i talked to at the shop said they also make it this other model too.

so i rushed home and checked the website and saw no 4 in. blued GP with fixed sights.

Is this model i saw a discountinued model? When did ruger make this specific model?

also, i dont know if this would be of any help but it was chambered in .357 mag.

thanks in advance for any info :)

357phase

Single-Sixer
I bought a 4" full lug GP100 from Davidson's back when they had their 99+ in stock sale for $330.00.Also bought a 3" at the same time for about the same price.Both were blued with fixed sights.Sold the 4" and wish I hadn't now.I don't believe they make the 4" fixed anymore or the 3" in blue.

roaddog28

Single-Sixer
Area 51":28madvb1 said:
So i stopped at a nearby gun shop today and saw this 4 in. fixed sighted GP100. From what I know from the ruger website, they make the 3 in. stainless GP with fixed sights. I thought this was the only GP presently made with fixed sights but the guy i talked to at the shop said they also make it this other model too.

so i rushed home and checked the website and saw no 4 in. blued GP with fixed sights.

Is this model i saw a discountinued model? When did ruger make this specific model?

also, i dont know if this would be of any help but it was chambered in .357 mag.

thanks in advance for any info :)

Yes the fixed sight 4 inch GP revolvers are no longer made. If memory serves me correct they stop making them around 2005 or 2006. The model numbers were:
GPF-840 Blued Fixed Sight 4 inch half shroud.
GPF-841 Blued Fixed Sight 4 inch full shroud.
KPF-840 Stainless Fixed Sight 4 inch half shroud
KPF-841 Stainless Fixed Sight 4 inch full shroud.

Ruger now makes only the Stainless 3 inch with fixed sight. I would love to get my hands on one of the above 4 inch models. This would be a great addition to my Stainless 4 inch GP100 with adjustable and my Police Service Six which is a fixed site revolver. I don't know the reason Ruger quit making them but my guess would be they were not selling very well. I think most of the fixed sight GP100 were geared for carry and possible LE carry gun.

Hope this helps,
roaddog28

Area 51

Bearcat
Thanks for the posts. They did help. so i guess the empolyee in the shop was a bit off on his info by saying ruger still made them.

Wow...$330.00 huh? that sounds great for a new GP. that was back then i guess.

the shop had this GP for $399. For about 90 bucks more i can just get the GP with adjustable sights.

but to me $399 sounds better than $489 :)

it is disappointing ruger doesn't make it anymore. hopefully somehow i can maybe get if as a christmas gift to myself.

Thanks for the help

roaddog28

Single-Sixer
Area 51":3wntudch said:
Thanks for the posts. They did help. so i guess the empolyee in the shop was a bit off on his info by saying ruger still made them.

Wow...$330.00 huh? that sounds great for a new GP. that was back then i guess.

the shop had this GP for $399. For about 90 bucks more i can just get the GP with adjustable sights.

but to me $399 sounds better than $489 :)

it is disappointing ruger doesn't make it anymore. hopefully somehow i can maybe get if as a christmas gift to myself.

Thanks for the help
Your welcome. Used GP100s are going for $400.00 to $450.00 in California. I was lucky and bought mine a while back for $400.00. This was for a nearly unfired one which was returned to the gun store. I have been searching in California for a fixed site 4 inch GP in either blued or stainless. They are hard to come buy in California. I did see a couple on Gunbroker but could not buy one because of the gun laws in California. I have a Ruger Police Service Six 4 inch blued made in 1985. The revolver looks similiar to the fixed GP only not as heavy and maybe not as sturdy.
Here is a picture of my Police Service Six.

Good luck,
roaddog28
RugerServiceSix.jpg

Hammer

Single-Sixer

Like the Ruger DA revolvers.

Security Sixes, Speed Sixes, GP-100, Redhawk, Super Redhawk, Alaskan...

They're all good.

Mtn Biker

Bearcat
pix30904468.jpg

Picked this one up at auction this week. I already have a stainless 4" with adjustable sights that I love and wanted a fixed sight model for the back pack. I will give a range report after I have a chance to shoot it.

VL

roaddog28

Single-Sixer
Mtn Biker":1cl8ck7q said:
pix30904468.jpg

Picked this one up at auction this week. I already have a stainless 4" with adjustable sights that I love and wanted a fixed sight model for the back pack. I will give a range report after I have a chance to shoot it.

VL
Thats what I am looking for VL. This would make a great addition.
Still hunting!
roaddog28

Latest posts