4.25" Barreled SRH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Moki

Bearcat
After months of being to busy to get to the gun club I was finally able to get out yesterday and give my shortened to 4.25" Crimson Trace laser gripped Ruger Super Redhawk loaded with top 300gr XTP-Mag designed for my SRH's a workout.

"WOW" I forgot how awesome SRH's are in 454 Casull... 8)

Sorry no pics of yesterdays range session but here is one of both my SRH's the black/gray laminate panels came from a fellow on this site.

If I could only own one revolver it would be this 4.25" SRH I can load it with my 700fps 200gr cast Cowboy Action 45 Colt loads up to 454 Casull 405gr Beartooth WLNGC's @ 1330fps and almost every bullet weight in between.

452_handguns_rifle_018.jpg

k22fan

Blackhawk
405 grains of .45 at 1330 reminds me of trap door .45-70s. It's a good thing you don't have to fire that load all the time. I'm guessing it kicks more than a smidgen. That's about the best bear medicine as you can pack on your belt!

Moki

Bearcat
I set the 4.25" SRH up for remote wilderness carry while I was working solo as a prospector in remote wilderness areas of British Columbia and Alberta Canada this is an extremely rare carry permit to have here out of over 34 - 35 million people here only 880 of us had this permit.

I feel it is the ultimate carry handgun for defense against any kind of animal I may have encountered and it is not to heavy to carry in a hip holster all day.

It always gave me peace of mind knowing I had a gun on me that could handle the most extreme situations that I could possibly encounter.

FYI here in BC we have over 200,000 black bears which = over 1/2 of Canada's black bear population we also have over 20,000 grizzlies I encounter between 200 - 300 black bears and fortunately only a few grizzlies per year.

As far as I am concerned a 4.25" SRH is the ultimate handgun for anything that may come along it is even possible to conceal if needed I would load it with 45 Colt 240gr XTP's @ 1000 - 1200fps for CCW.

My CCW handgun of choice is my Glock 29 in 10mm and yes I have a Utah CCW permit.

Moki

Bearcat
I bought them off of a fellow here on the Ruger forum unfortunately I do not remember his name.