4.2” RedHawk front sight size

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
I'm pretty sure all the Ruger plunger-style front sights are the same size and height. I've never noticed a difference in the 10 or so examples I've handled.

There were factory silhouette style sites as an option, but they are distinctly different and not associated with that model. I don't believe they came from the factory on any model.

....some are plain, and some have a 'red insert' otherwise the same size the ones we have looked at ( plus an optional gold bead one we recall) ;)
BUT we may have missed one in all these years....:cool::rolleyes:

Acorn

Buckeye
I'm going to order a patridge-ish type front sight from Dawson Precision.
They offer different widths and heights.
My RedHawk is a 4.2" 45 RedHawk.
I want to know what size the stock one was.
I'm not concerned about colored inserts gold beads etc.
Only the size.

Cholo

Staff member
I wish I could help you with the standard sight height of your Redhawk. I need a shorter front site and can't seem to locate the front sights you're getting from Dawson. Can you provide a link?

Acorn

Buckeye
I wish I could help you with the standard sight height of your Redhawk. I need a shorter front site and can't seem to locate the front sights you're getting from Dawson. Can you provide a link?
Soitanly! ;)
Not a patridge but close.
Guess I'll have see if I can find the original.
I swear I have stuff scattered across half of God's green Earth.

Last edited:
Acorn, I measured some of the sights here and for the most part they are .355" from the bottom of the dovetail...BUT I found one 'patridge' one that is .390"?? not sure where it came from and the 'patridge; is only the front portion of the blade ,NOT long, like the ones you pictured above...........🤨

contender

Ruger Guru
I just measured my Redhawk 4" .45 Colt. It has the pinned front sight, not the easily swapped normal Redhawk front sight.
Mine measured .380 from the top of the frame rib to the top of the sight.