380 auto ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

texasjim2

Bearcat
Not trying to beat a dead horse to death but just wandering are any of you guys starting to see any 380 ammo for sale I have been looking for the past 9 mos. and it just ain't showin up in these parts and if it does it's like 50.00 a box of 50 with a 1 box limit. I guess it's time to start the silver stream flowin again as I do for 45 and 38's jim ps hope you guy's in the dfw area weather the storm comin your way .We had the first rain in about 6 mo.'s out here in west tex. but it sure has turned cold again

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Yep, just got a few hundred more Sellier bellot from Cabelas.
In stock.
$19.99 for 50. Good practice stuff.
I have not had any difficulty for months. Quit waiting on your stores
and get typing!

slippingaway

Blackhawk
Stay away from CheaperThanDirt.com, they jack the prices more than anyone.

ammunitiontogo.has a decent selection, and great prices. I always try to get my stuff from them. Shipping is fast for us Texans, they're located between Austin and Houston.

NC-P95

Bearcat
I was at a dealer in Georgia on Saturday who had a large selection of ammo and reloading supplies... I don't own a .380 so I've not actively been looking for that particular ammo, but I asked the shop owner if he was low on .380, and he just pointed over to the shelf, and he had a lot of it... several different brands...etc. Didn't pay much attention to the price...

grapony

Bearcat
Cabelas had PMC in stock the first of the week for $17.99 and I ordered 2 boxes and they just came in today. Keep checking Cabelas they seem to be getting PMC in at times.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
.380 is a caliber that historically has been a "seasonal run" type product for major ammo manufacturers, because demand hasn't been that high in the past. Ruger's runaway success with the LCP completely overwhelmed the ammo makers, hopefully they've gotten the .380 into full production again, and even if they don't make it year round, they'll have a better idea what kind of inventory levels they need to build up.

twobisquit

Single-Sixer
I got two boxes of Remingtons last weekend at Sportsmans Warehouse. Paid $19.98 ea. I purchased over 500 rounds of various manufacturers since Thanksgiving so I think all the manufacturers have stepped up production of .380's.

I also have 200 cases of Starline brass on backorder from Midway and they say they will ship Jan. 31st.

I also wanted to say that .380's are a nightmare for reloaders. Not only are the the little cases difficult to reload but I lose about 1/2 of all the cases I shoot. I really like the LCp though.

southpaw13

Bearcat
I picked up 8 boxes of PMC Bronze yesterday for 15.99 a box. I have not shot any of the Bronze but was just happy to get some.

VictimNoMore

Bearcat
Scored two boxes of PMC for -wait for it- just $12 per box locally a couple weeks ago. We seem to have a fairly steady supply of it in WV.

Having said that...like twobisquit I have a bunch of Starline .380 brass on backorder from MidwayUSA that is supposed to ship Jan. 31. Which is today.

Once that hits...I won't have supply issue for many, many moons. Reloading is the way to go with .380, IMHO.

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
I got an email from Cabelas today that my 16 boxes of Hornady Critical Self Defense .380 is due in on 2/15. I'll believe it when I see it. I ordered 12/3 with them saying it was backordered for late December, then mid January, now mid February. Yes, I can find online the PMC "stuff" but the quality self defense loads are all but non existant. At this rate I might put an ad in backpages when it comes in and see how much I could sell 1/2 of it for!

Vecco

Single-Sixer
BeagleDog":37mim0b4 said:
I got an email from Cabelas today that my 16 boxes of Hornady Critical Self Defense .380 is due in on 2/15. I'll believe it when I see it. I ordered 12/3 with them saying it was backordered for late December, then mid January, now mid February. Yes, I can find online the PMC "stuff" but the quality self defense loads are all but non existant. At this rate I might put an ad in backpages when it comes in and see how much I could sell 1/2 of it for!

Just having fun... Mid Feb? really