375H&H Magnum Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AZ23

Bearcat
Could someone suggest current resale value/range for 375H&H Mag. Rifle has been hunted, factory walnut stock, some dings, factory trigger. Approx 20 years old. Thank you

egl52

Single-Sixer
Condition and wood quality can make a huge difference in price. I've seen them go for anywhere between $900 and $2,000 on gunbroker.

AZ23

Bearcat
It is a Ruger 375H&H Magnum. The stock has several dings.
Thank you

wwb

Hunter
The details that we're looking for are: Is it a tang-safety M77, an M77 Mark II, or a No. 1? 3 different rifles, 3 different values.... all were offered in .375 H&H.

edited to add - I'm not sure which, if any, of the above were offered as "International" rifles (Mannlicher stock), but that would also impact the value.

"A Ruger .375 H&H Magnum" is not enough information.

I saw one at a gun show two weeks ago on a dealers table. Nice shape with no box, papers or rings. He was asking $1595.00 and he still owned it when the show was over. Now if it was $1100.00 or so...

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
At the end of production the RSMs were retailing for around $1700. Dealer cost was around $1300. They are an incredible bargain for what you got as a traditional DGR. You won't get mine at those prices.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
They are way too heavy and clumsy for a 375 H&H hence I have zero desire to own one. My LGS has had one for many months for $1,600. This one is mint with exceptional wood. Still a club though.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
I'll agree with you with caveats. Mine weighs 10# naked. I wouldn't hike the mountains with it. It was built as a production gun covering three calibers all with the same barrel profile. So that means the 416s & 458s are actually lighter. They were meant to be classic African DGRs in the style of Robert Ruark and in that Ruger succeeded. They are beasts but they were meant to be. My 375 is very accurate with most any load and easy to shoot well. I occassionally toy with the idea of reaming it to 375 Weatherby because it has enough weight & strength to handle the extra power but haven't been able to make myself do it. They were a lot of gun for the money... barrel band front sight & sling swivel, integral quarter rib (not attached) with excellent express sights, deeply blued and stocked with circassian walnut. The fit & finish of these rifles are as good as any Ruger has ever produced. Hardly "clubs".

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
I just purchased a perfect one with scope and loading dies and 2 box ammo and 1 box brass for 1850.00 It should be shipped next week.