375 Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
I'm here to tell you that who ever said a 375 Ruger doesn't really kick has never shot a box off a bench sighting her in.
The first 6 or 8 aint to bad but when you get over 12 down the tube, well let's just say it's not for kids

SonofBassMan

Bearcat
An astute observation.

Groups look tighter with big guns because the bullet holes are bigger. They are fun to shoot but it feels good when you stop.

wunbe

Buckeye
That's why I only have the Boddington Lion in the caliber. Its a pussycat for most uses but way user unfriendly over a prairie dog town.

wunbe

wunbe

Buckeye
That's why I only have the Boddington Lion in the caliber. Its a pussycat for most uses but way user unfriendly over a prairie dog town.

wunbe

I know all to well what your talking about a good friend of mine has been telling me that his 460 weatherby mag is a fluffy kittens cat to shoot I told him I don't even like anything bigger than a 338 mag anymore so I aint no fluffy kittens so he goes in and gets it well 2 shots was plenty for me

Gramps

700xcr

Bearcat
SweetWilliam said:
I'm here to tell you that who ever said a 375 Ruger doesn't really kick has never shot a box off a bench sighting her in.
The first 6 or 8 aint to bad but when you get over 12 down the tube, well let's just say it's not for kids
Must not have a muzzle brake on your rifle. With my Ruger Guide Gun with the muzzle break I have shot 30rds off bench during load testing. More of a push then a sharp jab. I have two loads that I have worked up. One with a Nosler 300gr. Accubond traveling 2590fps. average and second is a Woodleigh 350gr. PP traveling 2391fps. The 350grs recoil a little harder then the 300gr. but still manageable. Even my 13yr. old nephew shot it over the bench and he said it didn't buck up like his light weight 308win did on the bench. Then he asked if a muzzle break could be installed onto his 308win. I said yes it could, asking your grandfather about that.

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
You guessed correctly, No muzzle break on this boys gun.
And I have to say the bench we use is an old picnic table, and you have to get down low. So let's just say it really digs in.

taxed2death

Bearcat
SweetWilliam said:

HAH! You aren't kidding!! It took 28 rounds on my first range trip with mine to get all the screws and things settled and the rifle dialed in! Not a pleasant way to spend an afternoon, but not the worst way either. Costly too since I'm using the Hornady 300grn DGX ammo at $70 per box when bought in quantity. It works out to about Three Pity a pop (DAMN LOCH NESS MONSTER!!). The good news is that mine is a shooter!

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
taxed2death said:
SweetWilliam said:

HAH! You aren't kidding!! It took 28 rounds on my first range trip with mine to get all the screws and things settled and the rifle dialed in! Not a pleasant way to spend an afternoon, but not the worst way either. Costly too since I'm using the Hornady 300grn DGX ammo at $70 per box when bought in quantity. It works out to about Three Pity a pop (DAMN LOCH NESS MONSTER!!). The good news is that mine is a shooter!
You better start reloading, still not cheap but cheaper.